93SV + Ultrex questions.

I ordered the I-Pilot version of the Ultrex. I know I can get the cable to use the built in sonar on the TM, but I would have to run the ducer anyways to have side scan capability, so I will just use the one that came with the 93. Just wanting to verify I’m not going to need anything else and also put out feelers to folks that have the same setup to see if there are any snags you hit that you could give me some pointers on, or any other tips as far as install and use. Thanks.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Unless you want to buy a 3rd party mount, the unit will come with everything to put on TM. Now its plastic but works.......IF you are rough on transducers or fish stumpy areas then may think about the 3rd party brackets.....as for mounting, make sure you leave plenty of slack so the TM head can turn 360......also if you plan on running the wiring along the cable you can get one of those wiring covers instead of zip ties.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Unless you want to buy a 3rd party mount, the unit will come with everything to put on TM. Now its plastic but works.......IF you are rough on transducers or fish stumpy areas then may think about the 3rd party brackets.....as for mounting, make sure you leave plenty of slack so the TM head can turn 360......also if you plan on running the wiring along the cable you can get one of those wiring covers instead of zip ties.....
    Good advice here. I'll add...the transducer cable provided with the Ultrex (to be used for the built in transducer) can be removed. If I remember correctly its disconnected via the coupling inside the head of the trolling motor.
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyfrommo View Post
    Good advice here. I'll add...the transducer cable provided with the Ultrex (to be used for the built in transducer) can be removed. If I remember correctly its disconnected via the coupling inside the head of the trolling motor.

Good to know. I got the motor and the mount put together and got everything hand tightened onto the boat. Im waiting on a couple of wire connectors to that I ordered to show up and Ill get everything tightened down.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Can you clarify what you are referring to?

6. Member
    He's talking about using a neoprene wrap to cover/contain your trolling motor cable and transducer wires...instead of zip ties. TH Marine sells the troll jacket for about $30...or this is the same thing from amazon for about $9.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought the amazon model and it works great. These "wraps" do a great job of containing the transducers wires and they look good too. No more cutting zip ties if you want to change things around.
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32