250 Pro XS Thermostat

I have a 2014 Mercury 250 Pro XS serial 2B090192 Model 1250P73BD Temp on my Mercmonitor doesn't go above 120 on the lake.
    I think I have a thermostat stuck open. How easy is this to fix? I've flushed outboard. Temp doesn't go above 98 degrees on muffs.
    Where are the thermostats even located and how many are there?

Thanks

Found the answer to my question, I'll take it to the shop.
    Last edited by nitroman12; 06-12-2019 at 08:39 AM.

There is two stats and they are located above both fuel rails.

3. Banned
    if you have any mechanical ability at all, shouldn't be a issue. Follow torque specs when reinstalling

4. Member
    if you take it to the shop (I had the exact same problem on my 2017 250 PXS), they may find debris causing them to be stuck open and they might just
    remove it. Make sure you are clear with them if you want them to remove the debris or replace no matter what. I say this because I had 2 different mechanics
    just remove debris and not replace even though I wanted them replaced because from day 1 I bought the boat, they had misbehaved. I watch the temp religiously
    and noticed it going above 130 several times and then go down to like 88 and staying there....I fished the Potomac River one time and got junk in the system
    and that fooled the mechanics....so be clear with them as they, in your best interest, might try to save you some money and not replace them (they are not cheap)....
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Pretty simple to remove and check or replace- see the FAQ Section for detailed instructions.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor