2.5 efi 150hp merc losing power

1994 mercury 150 hp xri fuel injection slowly loses power while driving boat at wide open throttle. Gets down to barely 5 mph and wont respond to throttle up. Shut motor off for about 5 seconds and she can get back up on plane for a little while and then loses power again. Shut off engine. Start it again to try and get up on plane...sometimes have to shut it down and start it again multiple times to get her back up on plane. I'm thinking a fuel delivery problem

2. Member
    I would start by reading the FAQ at top of this forum and particularly the section about old fuel lines.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

3. Member
    ^^^^^ +1 check fuel system from tank to mtr
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Also, If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor