Z21 rod organizer mods

So fixing to buy a new to me 2016 z21 and the one thing I don’t like about the boat is the organizer in the rod box. I know I could just pull it out and just throw everything in there but that won’t take advantage of the steps built in on the handle end. Has any done any mods to their organizer I was thinking of basically makings the rows of holes into rows of slots all the way across. Share your ideas a pictures if you have done anything similar.

2. Member
    Same boat. Took the three screws out and removed the tube assembly. Still utilize the handle steps for rod handles. Keep lure wraps on top step. I do use Stik Jackets on all my rods which I believe are a necessity.
    You can also put 8’ rods in starboard locker. I keep all reaction rods and frog rods in port locker, flip and pitch rods and spinning rods in starboard locker.

3. Member
    Did the same thing as I F 4 Bass, but I keep all my rods on the port side. I typically carry 26 rods, but I could get more in there. Removing the tube structure makes it so much easier to get rods in and out.

4. Member
    I actually get 2 rods per tube when using rod socks- plus a couple under the organizer- way more than enough. Not sure why I would ever want more. I do not use the handle end holes- just lay them on the shelves or on the bottom. Works fine.

5. Member
    I tried taking mine out. The face plate is shaped like the inside . I couldn't twist it enough to clear the locker opening. The tubes prevent me from turning it enough to clear. Unless I can remove the faceplate from the tubes I dont have sufficient room to remove it. I have a 2019 Z21. Anyone know how to remove it from the locker?

Hmmm have not tried yet, I thought the tubes pulled out.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Mine came right out of my 2019 Z20 intact. Can you pull it aft towards the transom and then turn it?
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

8. Member
    The tube section came out in one piece in my 16 Z21.