PowerTech to Turbo FXP - Help!

Hello all. Need some help!

I just received a Turbo FXP prop (14.75 x 23) to replace the original Powertech (23 pitch OFX) prop that came with my 2019 X19. Went to install the FXP and found that the castle nut travels way too far beyond the cotter pin hole. See images below.

I know many of you have changed to a FXP, but I never heard any mention of this issue. Is the solution as simple as adding a thick washer against the castle nut? Just seems odd that this would be necessary.

20190611_184112.jpg

Thanks!

2. Member
    Wrong thrust washer, maybe ?

3. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Is the prop rubbing when you turn it ? That looks like the thrust washer under the prop is too small or missing.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

4. Member
    Where did you get the FXP from? Ive been trying to buy one and haven’t been able to find anywhere that has them. All say they are backordered.

5. Member
    All,

I went to a local Yamaha dealer today with both props in tow. Found that the FXP required a spacer between the pressed in hub and washer/castle nut. It actually was a Yamaha part. Don't have the details with me.

I found the same back order issue when I bought mine. Ultimately I ignored the backorder status and had a distributor (BBlades) put in an order for me and four weeks later, the prop shows up. What is funny (frustrating) is when I pull the prop out of the box, there is a QC slip stating who packaged the prop with a time stamp of August 2017.

6. Member
    They have said these props are on backorder for years now. I was told the same thing when I replaced mine when I bought my boat in 2015. It showed up in a week.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO