Banned

04 PT 175 deck extension cooler....possible?

Going to be recarpeting soon and and want to extend the deck. I have enough storage, so im wondering if I can make a cooler with the deck extension. Planning to just use 2x4s and I was thinking I could do something like use a ozark trail cooler and build a frame for it, but that cooler is too big. Does anyone have any ideas on how to create a built in type cooler....that will withstand the southwest sun? I live in a desert climate so its hot often so do need a legit cooler.

2. Member
    Cabelas has some nice high end coolers. If you don't have a store near by you can order online. I have a smaller high end Coleman that easily keeps ice all day in the Kansas Sun and my aluminum boat. One of these two coolers might have the size you're looking for
    whatroads - A pun on the "information super highway"
    Tracker 190 TX
    90 hp Merc
    Fortrex 80 w/ 52" shaft

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by whatroads View Post
    Cabelas has some nice high end coolers. If you don't have a store near by you can order online. I have a smaller high end Coleman that easily keeps ice all day in the Kansas Sun and my aluminum boat. One of these two coolers might have the size you're looking for
    I got a good cooler. I have the ozark trail....the yeti/rtic knockoff. holds ice for days. just wondering if I can do something to make the cooler a storage compartment instead of something extra I carry on the boat with me like I do now. My buddys got fiberglass and they have compartments that hold their drinks/ice and wanted to do something like that.