Fishing License Question

Will be fishing out of Waddington, what Canadian License are you required to purchase to fish a tournament. I see that there is a required card to purchase as well but wasn't sure exactly which non resident fishing license to purchase.
    Thanks!

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    you need to get your Outdoors card, if your just fishing the one tournament id get the 8 day conservation license, if your going to fish more then 1 this year then get the 1 year conservation.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    you need to get your Outdoors card, if your just fishing the one tournament id get the 8 day conservation license, if your going to fish more then 1 this year then get the 1 year conservation.
    Thank you

4. Member
    From the way I read it, you can only keep two fish with the conservation license, and that would make it pretty much useless in a 5 fish limit tournament. Please correct me if I am wrong, but that is how I interpreted it.
    2019 Xpress X21 - Yamaha 250 VMAX SHO

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckuhn02 View Post
    From the way I read it, you can only keep two fish with the conservation license, and that would make it pretty much useless in a 5 fish limit tournament. Please correct me if I am wrong, but that is how I interpreted it.
    I dont think your wrong however a sportsman license is 4 so that doesnt really help you in a 5 fish limit tournament either. I've always had a conservation when ive fished a tournament up there. Way I look at it would be it would be aweful hard to prove if the other 3 fish in your limit came from the canadian side or the US side. Either way if you have 5 by the way I read it your illegal.. Maybe a Canadian can weigh in on how that really works.

6. Member
    Is it a team tournament...

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph44 View Post
    Is it a team tournament...
    Yes it is

8. Member
    Both team members need sports license. This license covers each fisherman for 6 bass. A single team member may end up being responsible for catching the entire bag and if he only has a conservation license then he would technically be over his limit. You cannot be over your limit regardless of where you caught the fish because then you technically shouldn't be fishing anymore... Regardless get your sports license and avoid any potential problems.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    So what happens if it's not a team tournament, am I only allowed to catch 4 on the Canadian side on a sports license or 2 with a conservation then have to go to the US for my 5th fish? And why cant I still be fishing if I'm culling? What if I caught 2 fish on the US side then my boater decides to fish the Canadian side and I catch 3, if I get stopped I then have 5 fish in my livewell but 3 are only from canada. I obviously have been illegal then getting a conservation license? Seems like if they would make it 5 not 4 this would be alot less confusing

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    So what happens if it's not a team tournament, am I only allowed to catch 4 on the Canadian side on a sports license or 2 with a conservation then have to go to the US for my 5th fish? And why cant I still be fishing if I'm culling? What if I caught 2 fish on the US side then my boater decides to fish the Canadian side and I catch 3, if I get stopped I then have 5 fish in my livewell but 3 are only from canada. I obviously have been illegal then getting a conservation license? Seems like if they would make it 5 not 4 this would be alot less confusing
    Frank stated that the sports license is good for 6 per person, which is what I believe I read on the website
    2019 Xpress X21 - Yamaha 250 VMAX SHO

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Way I read it is 4..took this from the website..
    for anglers with a sport fishing license
    catch and possession limit of 4
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 06-14-2019 at 08:50 PM.

12. Member
    Its 6 bass for sports license. The reason for this is to allow culling after 5th fish. You daily bag limit is also your possession limit in canada. If you only have a conservation license you cannot be in possession of more than 2 fish. Just trying to pass along some info as I would hate to see a fellow angler get hit with a fine.

13. Member
    Is it required to carry a passport?

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    no

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Yes we established I was wrong on that based on all the other posts and on Franktank009 informative posts straight from a Canadian..think everyone realizes what they need now.. guess ive been lucky I was never checked.