2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS Solix Smartcraft gauge display

I would appreciate any and all help I can get!!! I have a brand new 2019 Nitro Z21 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS with ZERO hours. I decided to install Humminbird Solix graphs at the bow and console. Upon installation at the console I've noticed the gauges are not viewable whatsoever. I was told that the solix units can display my gauges, however humminbird customer service was ZERO help.. SO i decided to call mercury. He didn't seem very "sure" of himself. He sent a link with about 8 different products that I would have to buy to make this work. I called bass pro shops( where i bought the boat) and they said they weren't sure but they didn't seem to think I needed all that, just 2 or 3 things to be able to display the gauges on the screen. SO, checked with a friend who suggested mercury vesselview mobile app.

Question #1

Is it possible to view/display your gauges on your solix units?

Question #2

If so, then how?

Information for the boat

2019 Nitro Z21 mercury 250 Pro XS came factory installed with a helix 9 and 10
    both units were removed and since has had 3 solix 15 installed and a solix 12
    2 humminbird 5 port Ethernet hub

boat has zero hours so i cant say what the max rpm or water pressure is.

2. Banned
    Yes its possible. lots of folks doing it.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Not nearly as "simple" as that makes it sound. Mercury engines speak SMARTCRAFT. In order to make the above display, you will need a Smartcraft Network, and some form of Gateway Instrument setup.

See Rhonda's post (pinned at the top of the Forum)- she can assist you with the correct components to get the job done.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    I have Solix's on my 2017 Z21, and have the gauges displayed on my units.. The Solix is NMEA2K compatible, so its really not that hard to do. I purchased a Mercmonitor from Don/Rhonda at European marine. They made sure I had everything I needed to install it. You will need to install a NMEA backbone (very simple to do) and make sure its powered and terminated correctly. Then just run a drop from the backbone to a Solix on the network. You'll need to make some setting changes on you units, and set the Mercmonitor up to transmit and receive data. The hardest part is running the data cable through the rigging tube. You may not have to do that if your boat is already equipped with smarcraft gauges. Don and Rhonda can get you set up.
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades