Battery Jump Pack?

Ran my cranking battery down too low on Sunday with livewell and power poles. Didn't have enough battery power to start the 2003 3.1L VMax 250 to get back to weigh in.

Not enough power in TM batteries to jump start outboard

One boat in area, tried to jump motor with a jump starter pack but it wasn't charged fully. Tried to jump cables from his cranking battery to mine with no luck.

Charged cranking battery, starts motor no problem. Will get battery checked just in case

Would like to get NOCO Booster pack for boat but how many Amps?
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

2. Member
    The gb40 should be enough. I bought the gb70 to make sure it would crank my diesel. The gb40 had 1000 amps of power. Mine is awesome. I've already had to jump a few guys off at the ramp, and I could've sold them out after they saw how great it works. Two guys actually chased me back down in the parking lot to find out exactly what mine is.

Get a new cranking battery....... I leave 2 Birds on all day, recirc on, and have an Ultrex that usually is in spotlock constantly working.......You need better batteries

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DLAB View Post
    Get a new cranking battery....... I leave 2 Birds on all day, recirc on, and have an Ultrex that usually is in spotlock constantly working.......You need better batteries
    Usually not a problem but probably cycled dual power poles about 50 times that day in wind. Didn't start motor all day. Battery 3 yrs old Deka1131MF, going to get it checked

5. Member
    Second the GB40. Never used it on the boat but has started my lawnmower several times.
    Consider a short set of jumper cables as a backup to jump off the TM battery.

Sounds like it's time for a new starting battery. Once drained like that, I dont trust them. Cant take the risk of giving up a day of fishing for an $80 battery. Just not worth it.

6. Member
    Took battery to Battery Warehouse and had it tested. Guy said a new battery wouldnt have any more power. Load tested strong. Everything on boat was running fine just too low to crank the outboard

Tried to jump off my trolling battery but they dont have enough amps even when fully charged to start a 250
    Last edited by Spidergrub; 06-12-2019 at 07:14 PM.