Terrova stuck on

My Terrova is acting like it’s stuck on autopilot. When I deploy the motor, and if the speed wheel is on anything other than zero, the prop begins to spin. The autopilot light is off. The prop on/off button on my foot pedal are useless. The only way I can use my motor is to spin the speed wheel to move and to stop I have to spin it back to zero. If the speed wheel is on anything other than zero the prop automatically begins to turn. If I disconnect the foot pedal the prop stops. Any suggestions as to what my issue is?

2. Member
    Disconnect your foot pedal and deploy the troll motor and see what happens. If noting happens then it is your foot pedal. The try your remote. If everything works then you have a bad foot pedal.

3. Member
    So I just took the foot pedal apart to see if anything looked bad or out of place. Didn’t see anything jump out as being bad, broken, or missing. Put it back together plugged it back in, and now it’s working normal. Very strange.

4. Member
    Do you have the pedal screwed down to the deck. I found this could twist the pedal and cause the buttons to stick.

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

5. Member
    Negative, it is not screwed down. All the buttons worked. Nothing was stuck. If I hit the AP button the autopilot light would come on. Tap it again and it would go off. Same with the CON button. The motor responded to the directional buttons as well as the heel toe. It responded to the speed wheel. It just was stuck on constant on even with the CON light off. When I took it apart I noticed all the buttons do is tap a tiny magnet against a mother board incased in a black rubber type material. All magnets were accounted for. I gave up on trying to figure out the issue and put it all back together. Once back together again everything worked as normal. Still don’t know the original issue, but it’s working so I’m good with it.