Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

If you were building a boat garage?

What would it look like on the outside and what amenities would it have?
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

2. Member
    I would look similar in style to the other buildings around it. It would have a huge door and a floor drain along with all the other typical garage stuff.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

Hmmm. Great topic. I'd build a metal building, with wainscot on the front. It'd have plenty of room for shelving to store all my CRAP out of the way. Plenty of room around the boat. And it'd have a small (15 feet square or so) room that had heat and A/C, with benches and tool storage so I could tinker with baits all the time. Small paint booth for airbrushing cranks, etc. Must have a small potbelly stove (I like cowboy coffee) a fridge, and a microwave in there. Oh, and a head, Don't wanna go to the house to use the facilities...

4. Member
    floor drain and from the floor to about 5 feet high on the walls, some type of material that i can spray off with a water hose.

5. Member
    Doors on both sides so that I could pull thru and long enough so that my truck could stay hitched up and covered. Of course the entire building would have air conditioning.

6. Member
    Lots of good lighting along with enough power to run my old stick welder. Enough room to have the boat/mower/lawn crap along with a good workshop area. Thinking of building a 24' x 30' in the somewhat near future, a little smaller than I would like, but space is limited on my city lot.

I was at a guys house once buying furniture off Craigslist and seen the perfect one. This Morton Building was flat out huge, maybe 100' x 300' or so, just huge. He had an office built in the back portion with full heating and cooling, a lift so he could work on his hobby cars, an area for his class A motorhome, an area for his 3 boats, and what looked like a woodworking area with saws and tools etc. I bet this guy had $150k or more in this thing, it was flat out awesome. The picture in the link below is about what it looked like on the inside. This wasn't a farm, not a business, just a private residence. This is the only time I've ever been jealous of someone.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=19...Kc7WwogMhwSwM:

8. Member
    Dimensions would be big enough to have a workshop and bathroom in, and be able to park the boat and truck, hooked up, ready to travel. Door big enough that the boat can be ready to go, no tilting talons, etc.

Outside would have the same styling as the house.

Inside would have multiple drains and a coated floor, not bare concrete. Non-slip for grease/water. Walls would have to be similar, water resistant so no mold grows. Full tool assortment as well as tackle room and a bathroom. Also would need a small area with a couch and TV. Might as well dream big, right? None of this would fit where I live now, and since I live in an HOA wouldn't be approved anyways, so I might as well think about what I'd do if I could.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

If money were no object, I'd build a giant garage that matches my house.

Since money will always be an object (even if I was loaded I'd still be too cheap), I'd build a pole building big enough for two of my boat plus at least 4 feet to walk around in the front and back over a concrete slab. Channel-style drains for taking care of water, a lot of discussion with my concrete guy about sloping the floor properly to make sure any water goes where it should, and epoxy coating with non-slip grit added. Garage doors to allow me to pull straight through would be a nice touch, as would slats on the wall for hanging and organizing all my baits. A nice big workbench for working on fishing gear and rod building would be nice, and I suppose if I'm going that far I'll need to have it insulated and a heater added. Spray foam would work, I suppose!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

10. Bob G's pool boy
    Big enough so that you can get to all 360 degrees around the boat.

High ceiling.

Big ceiling fan right over where the boat will be parked. Got mine at Home Depot. Biggest one they had. Metal blades. Moved a ton of air. This dries the boat incredibly quickly. High ceiling required to prevent decapitation.

Wall mounted shop vacuum cleaner or better yet, central vac with a hose outlet on the ceiling.

Shelves or cabinets that are accessible from inside the boat.

Permanent steps that allow for easy access to and egress from the boat.

Heat.

AC/Dehumidifier. At least the dehumidifier. This is a need.

WIFI. For streaming as well as to talk to the newer electronics. YouTube is your friend.

Pisser/Shitter.

Floor drain.

Water.

Paint the walls a bright color.

I miss mine already.

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

Pull thru means you gotta have land around it.

To me main thing are 10ft doors and lighting. The rest is up to u.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

12. Scraps
    Floor drain. Sh!tter and maybe a bedroom.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

13. Banned
    I am building a boat garage out of a metal frame kit that's 24' x 36' with 10' side walls and a 14' ceiling in the middle. It's going to have a 12' x 10' and 9' x 10' overhead doors on one end. I'm going to put a manual 12' x 10' swing out door at the other end for the few times I move my 24' boat out of the garage. I have a 2' overhang all around the sidewalls.

The roof is going to be 3' steel sheeting fabricated on site and installed by a metal roofing pro. The side walls will be sheathed with 1/2 inch OSB and covered by Hardiplank siding and painted. The Hardiplank/OSB is substantially cheaper than using metal on the sidewalls and substantially more attractive too.

It's a shame that such structures have got to be built to secure assets like boats, trailers, zero turn mowers and ATV's. Much of the year, there is little traffic around our lake and there are a number of "Lake burglars" wreaking havoc on citizens.

pull thru access, floor drain, HVAC, work bench area for rod building, nice flooring

15. Member
    Outlets aim the ceiling above where the boat would be parked.

I built mine to match our house. It has two 9x10 doors and one walk though. The ceiling in 10' and has two ceiling fans above the boat. LED lighting and a sink to wash things in. One of the best things I did, was put in a water hydrant and an outlet on the outside.

17. Member
    A couple years ago, I added a tandem attached garage with a bonus room above, which is 18' x 44'. The space above is 18’x 36’. Alas, building codes prevented me from going wider due to property easement. The addition looks like it was original to the house. The siding and brick are a perfect match despite the 16 years difference.

I have outlets about every 5 feet that are 42" off the floor- two of which are dedicated for running 110 welder or air big compressor; three outlets on the ceiling; two ceiling fans - one directly over the bilge/livewell; floor drain; plumbed for running water/sink; three coax outlets; exaggerated overhead LED lighting; 9x10 garage door; 220 electric heat along with insulated walls, ceiling and garage door. In hindsight, I should have installed a central vacuum system; polished the concrete; installed a wider door, hardwired in-ceiling speakers, and added a lift.

18. Member
    The outside would match the house. Inside: 3 stalls-one for the boat, one for lawn equipment and workshop/tool area, and the third stall for my truck. Lots of outlets, overhead hose reel for air and power, WiFi, and loss of storage cabinets. It would have to have a full-bath with shower, an extra deep wash sink with a fish cleaning station, and an extra air-conditioned/heated lounge area with a couple of recliners, beer fridge, and big-screen TV. Also, a covered patio area and open storage stalls for any additional farm equip and to BBQ.

19. Member
    I'm in process of trying to figure out what I want to build as well. Head over to gargejournal.com and start flipping through a lot of the garage build/showoff threads there and you'll come up with all kinds of "must-have" items.

I'm currently building a 36' x 40'. We broke ground on 4/15 and last night was the first night the boat slept in there. In addition to the building cost, plan for another 10-15K for gravel, electrical and concrete. I went with 12' ceiling, LED lights, 2 ceiling fans, radiant heating, floor drain and 14' W x 10'H overhead doors. I also ran a water line to the inside of the building.
    IMG_0681.JPG

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast