Thread: Pickwick

Pickwick

Hey guys. Coming to fish Pickwick for the first time. Want to fish shallow especially docks. Which end of the lake is best?

2. Alabama Bass Club Moderator
    The mid to lower end of the lake from the Natchez Trace bridge to Pickwick dam would be your best bet if you're insistent on fishing docks. There aren't a lot of docks on the upper end of the lake and the bite on that part of the lake is strictly related to the current for the most part.

3. Member
    How about Wilson? Is it worth a try?

4. Banned
    If you want to dock fish, you need to fish Wilson or Weiss Lake. Weiss is a great dock fishing lake! There are not many docks on Pickwick from the bridge to Mcfarland.

5. Member
    Wilson would be better for docks. Not many docks on the upper (Florence end) of Pickwick. The area around Pickwick dam has more docks but, it's in Tennessee. If I were you I would try to figure out the off shore (ledge) bite on Pickwick or figure out how to get to Guntersville. Wilson and Wheeler can be a little tuff during the summer. Wilson is a good lake and fishes well a lot of the time but, I have not had great success in the summer during the day. Night fishing is good but, I have been in a slump on Wilson and lower end of Wheeler once spring faded into summer.

6. Member
    I've been to Weiss a lot fishing docks but for crappie. Love shooting docks. Caught some good bass there to.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobuk View Post
    I've been to Weiss a lot fishing docks but for crappie. Love shooting docks. Caught some good bass there to.
    2 way different deals though .... Wilson and Weiss... opposite sides of the state too..you could hit Wilson docks and tailrace and the lower end of Pickwick in 2 days...stay in Florence...cover Wilson really in a day...maybe 2...go to Waterloo the next...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

8. Member
    It's a wonder that Guntersville and Pickwick still produce like they do. Bassmaster at Gville this weekend and High School at Pickwick. Dang...It's getting out of hand.

Pickwick has been hammered and it's showing now. These fish are getting picky..they'll be caught just because of the numbers on the water but not everybody will catch em..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

10. Member
    Makes me want to start fishing Wheeler (dead sea) just so I don't get into a big crowd. Wheeler has been kinda tuff for me this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dub.30cal View Post
    Makes me want to start fishing Wheeler (dead sea) just so I don't get into a big crowd. Wheeler has been kinda tuff for me this summer.
    I could write a book

12. Member
    Lets hear it... Misery loves company....