Thread: Your tungsten

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jprovencher80 View Post
    Titan sells two .5oz tungsten dropshot weights for frickin $8?! Omfishing sells two .5 tungsten dropshot weights for $3.60.

I'm hoping you have more to say about Titan than "enough said" otherwise you're massively overpaying
    But it’s way better!

On a serious note, the chip free finish is the only thing I’ve seen from any tungsten seller out there that’s different. Luckily, you can do it yourself VERY easily. You need a propane or MAPP torch, something to hold the weight on - I use a straightened paper clip and needle nose pliers - and a cup of ice water. Put the weight on whatever you’re using to hold it, put it in the flame of the torch until it glows red (surprisingly quickly), then drop it in the ice water. It will have a dull gray / black finish that will never chip off.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

2. Member
    Flipside Tungsten will be the cheapest tungsten you can find hands down. Quality product may not hold paint on "as good" as Titan or others mentioned but if you're like most you would rather be able to buy about 6 weights for the price of one.

Quote Originally Posted by DustyD26 View Post
    TITAN TUNGSTEN Enough said.
    Your prostaff is showing

4. Member
    Omfishingsinkers has their 1 oz. tungsten for $3.56 and Flipside has theirs for $4.23
    Quote Originally Posted by aluminumboat22 View Post
    Flipside Tungsten will be the cheapest tungsten you can find hands down. Quality product may not hold paint on "as good" as Titan or others mentioned but if you're like most you would rather be able to buy about 6 weights for the price of one.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

5. Member
    Oh excuse me kercha.

Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    Omfishingsinkers has their 1 oz. tungsten for $3.56 and Flipside has theirs for $4.23

6. Member
    Tour tungsten is not the cheapest or most expensive but the quality and price is very good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12