Analog gauges to Smartcraft

Morning,

I am in the process of putting a 2017 pro xs 200 SN:2B360040 on my boat. I am looking to put a smatrcraft system on the boat, from reading on here i'm leaning towards a level 1 Mercmonitor set up. If i am correct i will need to get a new trim sensor and a water pressure sensor for it all to read on the gauge. Is their any thing else i would need to have the Mercmonitor replace to old gauges?

For the guys that have switched already do you have any regrets on getting rid of the individual gauges and getting all the info from the Mercmonitor? I figured i could always add the individual smart gauges for fuel and trim latter if needed.

Thanks.
    2000 Ranger R91I
    2017 Mercury 200 Pro XS SN:2B360040

2. Member
    just put 2017 pro xs on my 1995 gambler. stayed with analog. like better. there is an adaptor you have to get from mercury so you can use your existing wiring and gauges. donnie at offshore performance in tampa can hook you up. they did my installation. good guysc

3. Member
    I dumped analog gauges and went with a Mercmonitor several years ago, as an old school analog guy, I've never regretted that decision and would not go back.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

I got rid of all the analog gauges and went with a combo of Mercmonitor and Systemlink gauges. They are really easy to install and present additional data. The Mercmonitor can only display 3 items at a time. I always had RPM, Coolant Temp, and Water Pressure. I then had Systemlink gauges with Trim and Fuel Level. I posted a thread on it a while back. I have done this on two of my boats and helped with others. I did not regret it ONE BIT!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    Well I have got rid of all my old gauges and went with a single Mercmonitor gauge for now, i might add a couple other gauges down the road. Got the kit from Don and was a pretty easy install.

( For those that are wondering, I deleted my post from last night to make a new thread on it)
    Last edited by Unckle; 10-29-2019 at 07:59 AM.
    2000 Ranger R91I
    2017 Mercury 200 Pro XS SN:2B360040