Converting 25" to 20" shaft on a G2?

In my search for a repower I have found a good deal on a G2. The only catch is that the motor is a 25" shaft and I need a 20". The dealer assures me the conversion is no problem but I would like some opinions from other experts. Would this cause any issues with warranty with Evinrude down the road? Is the conversion not a big deal? Looking for feedback before I drop my hard earned money on this motor.

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Make sure that the dealer firms up the price point for the conversion......as the mid section has to be swapped out along with driveshaft......

3. Member
    Thanks. All the figures are finalized. I'm trying to make sure this won't cause any issues down the road. Especially with warranty when they run the serial and it shows that it's supposed to be a 25" shaft motor.

4. Member
    With a G2 it is an easy process of just removing the 5 inch extension, fitting the 20 inch upper d/shaft and correct inner exhaust adaptor when converting from 25 inch to 20 inch, done it a few times myself and just as easy going going the other way. I highly doubt any possible warranty claims would be rejected doing this conversion.

5. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar

6. Member
    Thanks for the help. Pulled the trigger on the 200HO today.