question for some of the AR guys

anyone live around or travel around the Ozark area of AR, I know the AR river is pretty flooded but wife and I were thinking of taking a trip on the Harley down to ride the Pig Trail in a couple of weeks. I know HWY 23 there is close to the AR river so wasn't sure if it was flooded or not.

also was thinking about another ride down to cross the Peels Ferry on the bike and head over to Mt Home then back to MO.

just looking for some info if anyone has any.

Thanks

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    I always check IDrive Arkansas, just got back from Kansas but went I-49 so no help.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

3. Member
    +1 on idrivearkansas.com

The flooding is receding now, as far east as Little Rock is below flood stage now. The Pig Trail wouldn't be affected anyway, and the Peel Ferry is a long way from the Arkansas river. If you go, the north side of the Peel ferry is in Missouri. Used to be a nice little cafe right there just north of the ferry landing.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

4. Member
    You could come from Cuba down to West Plains and take 160 West towards Branson, the Ferry is down 125 South to Protem. After taking the Ferry you can head towards Lead Hill and take Hwy 7 South to Harrison. From there 65 North then get off on 62 West and go to Eureka Springs. You can get on 23 there and head south until it hits I40. I would then go east and take 21 at Clarksville off I40 headed north and go to Ponca and over to Jasper which is Buffalo River country. You'll wind up back in Harrison taking Hwy 7 North then you can head towards Mt. Home. That will be a big loop my friend and you will see pretty much all of the Ozarks.

what we are planning on doing is leaving here Friday afternoon stay overnight in Nixa (wife gets home late from work) then head the rest of the way.
    if we go to the Pig we are gonna stop in at Rogers at Pig trail HD dealer. then head to Mt Home and prob stay there sat night. then head home sunday morning

I work in Ozark and the roads are pretty clear now from all of the flooding. If you get down this way, shoot me a message and stop by and say hi.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    what we are planning on doing is leaving here Friday afternoon stay overnight in Nixa (wife gets home late from work) then head the rest of the way.
    if we go to the Pig we are gonna stop in at Rogers at Pig trail HD dealer. then head to Mt Home and prob stay there sat night. then head home sunday morning
    The Pig Trail is 23 North from I40 to Huntsville or keep going to Eureka. If you're staying in Nixa I would personally take 65S through Branson then 62W to Eureka and hit 23 there but to take the full ride you'll wind up on I40. Thats why I suggested 21N in Clarksville through the Buffalo Forest, wind up in Harrison, then head to Mt. Home from there. Although that would put you away from the Rogers HD dealer but its not far from Eureka. Unless you're planning on heading toward Neosho from Nixa then south to Roger's on I49. If that's your route then you can take 62E from Rogers to Eureka and hit 23 but you still wind up at I40. Or a 3rd option is going from Nixa to Neosho then hitting I49, stop in Roger's, take I49 again until it hits I40E and you can ride north on 23 to Eureka and take 62E to Mt. Home. I've done 23 and 21 and that loop will pretty much cover all the Ozarks both are great scenic routes.