Milky liquid on top of drive shaft

I have a 99 225 Promax 0g857204 that I replaced the gasket on the two piece exhaust his weekend. When I pulled the lower unit off the top of drive shaft was milky looking.I also had some on the top of exhaust plate where the dive shaft goes through. Is this anything to be worried about? I replaced the two crankshaft seals in the fall. Thanks Billy

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Did you clean up up the oil that had leaked?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Yes. its running fine and compression is pretty much even at 147lb. I had the head cut down some a few months ago. Thanks

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you cleaned up all of that oil when the seals were replaced last fall, it sounds like you (again) have a leak.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor