Gambler 206 Transom

My top cap on the transom popped up the previous owner had made it to stay for some time with screws and some sealant. I called a fiberglass guy locally and he asked me to also check the transom for flex which it did. I then started looking for cracks on the exterior and found none but have found some on the bilge area center support. I am in the process of taking all the batteries and onboard charger out and still only see those on the support. Is this something I can fix with no previous experience?
    1993 Gambler 206

2. Member
    Look closely at the knee braces for cracks. Eventually they let go from movement on transom, that boat has a inner liner with a foam injected between the inner and outer layers if I recall. Never worked on one so not sure on repairing.

3. Member
    1993 Gambler 206

4. Member
    1993 Gambler 206

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BW544 View Post

Looks like a vertical crack to the right of your circle. the other pics look like something removed and not resealed. Also the grey fuel line looks like the old non ethanol approved hose Id replace asap

6. Member
    Thanks Scotty, I will replace the fuel line whenever I get it back. I ended up finding a local guy on Delmarva that's going to be checking it out for me should know something next week. I just didn't feel comfortable trying to find out how extensive the damage was and repairing it.
    1993 Gambler 206