Pulling a tube with a power poles

Hi All.... I have a set of 8" blades on my triton. I went out and bought everything I need to pull a tube. I hook up to both d rings on the back...that goes to one of those balls to keep the rope out of the water then to the tube. It worked just fine but I was trying to keep the rope outside of the power poles....the rope continued to end up on the side of the poles and I was afraid that when turning wide the rope would put a lot of pressure on my poles.

I've seen the attachments to mount off the motor and off the back seat hole but I think with dual poles Im not sure if I should even try to pull a tube.

Thoughts? Suggestions??
    Family is everything!!! Fishing is a close second
    2010 TR-18 Pro w/150 OptiMax & Dual 8' Blades

I did it more then a few times. Found some plastic tubing to protect the rope going over my adapter plates. Just gotta be careful how wide u swing the tube.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Scraps
    I was tubing this weekend too. My D rings are far enough away that it isn't a problem. However, I get tired of fighting the rope when it gets stuck in the wake. I really may look at the back deck pylon. Not cheap.

I did miss a heart beat and turned white for about an hour. My younger son is "light." He wants to get on the big three person tube alone. OK. From past experience I know that tube can get too much air under it with just him on it. Well, it was windy too and I was heading up wind. Slow, maybe 15. Turned and the nose of the tube was on the wake and the tube started to climb into the air. Usually he'll fall off, but this time he held on. There was nothing I could do to stop the tube getting in the air even after cutting throttle. The tube flew like a kit about 8ft in the air and flew down into the water, with him on it. He had a bloody nose and was shaken up a bit. So was I. Lesson learned and be real careful with the tubes.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

5. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    jesus effen christ, $740!? The pylons kid be had for around $300.
    2017 Phoenix 819

Hey Kevin...yeah I saw that too and am considering it. It's certainly cheaper than replacing a pole.

@krindgen do you have one of these? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 totally helps keep the rope out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbuddy View Post
    Hey Kevin...yeah I saw that too and am considering it. It's certainly cheaper than replacing a pole.

@krindgen do you have one of these? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 totally helps keep the rope out of the water.
    That is what u need. No sense in spending a ton of money on the turbo swing.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    expensive but not for me for sure just thought id put it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    That is what u need. No sense in spending a ton of money on the turbo swing.
    So that ball is great to keep the rope out of the water....my concern and probably would be a concern with a turbo swing too is if you take a turn too wide you could put a lot of unnecessary stress on your poles.

Perhaps the answer for me is to continue with my setup and watch my turns..... OR.... I convince my wife that we need two boats :-) ...but I'm afraid to bring that up b/c she'll say "I told you not to get a boat only for fishing"....oh lawd

10. Scraps

You're right. I only have the little, thick foam condom thingies on the rope.
    2017 Phoenix 819

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Hi All.... I have a set of 8" blades on my triton. I went out and bought everything I need to pull a tube. I hook up to both d rings on the back...that goes to one of those balls to keep the rope out of the water then to the tube. It worked just fine but I was trying to keep the rope outside of the power poles....the rope continued to end up on the side of the poles and I was afraid that when turning wide the rope would put a lot of pressure on my poles.

I've seen the attachments to mount off the motor and off the back seat hole but I think with dual poles Im not sure if I should even try to pull a tube.

Thoughts? Suggestions??
    Not an inexpensive fix but it may do the trick. We have been selling our folding / removable bracket for approx 7 years now to customer in your same position. I sent you a PM as well. If you have any questions please feel free. Our bracket will allow your pole to fold into the boat or with the added dis connect coupler kit you can fully remove the Poles from the boat. Works with ALL Power Pole models. We have part numbers now to be able to remove CM2.0 Poles from the boat as well.

https://hydrillagear.com/collections...ovable-bracket

12. Member
    I bit the bullet and got the turboswing. Haven't installed it yet, but shouldn't be hard. Not sure what it'll take to drill 2 holes in the jackplate.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    let us know how you like it .

14. Member
    let us know how you like it .
    Have you installed them on jackplates? Specifically, I have a slidemaster. I know I have to drill a 2nd hole on each side, but the inside of the jackplate looks like it has a backing plate for the top bolt that stops right about where I'll have to drill the hole. Do you have any suggestions on it?
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I've actually only just seen my first one in person today on a pontoon. Know nothing about them.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    Have you installed them on jackplates? Specifically, I have a slidemaster. I know I have to drill a 2nd hole on each side, but the inside of the jackplate looks like it has a backing plate for the top bolt that stops right about where I'll have to drill the hole. Do you have any suggestions on it?
    Been looking for an option as well. Definitely not keen on yet more holes in the transom. Not totally sure if it would be advisable to put this kind of load on a jackplate either. More investigation needed IMO.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

17. Member
    Anything new on this? Not sure I want to put 2 holes in my Jackplate or Transom, one would think there would be something that would bolt directly to the Jackplate.