Banned

Up or Down to start

If I'm looking for better handeling at top speed should I raise or lower first, which way to start playing with it? Wish the plate was Hydraulic now.

Right at 4" P to P and jumps out of the hole now so I assume up.

Does raisnig it push the nose down?

2. Member
    What boat, motor and plate? 3.5 is a good place to start on most boats but not all.

3. Banned
    1993 Bass Cat PII, 6" plate

4. Pat Goff
    The boat will tell you what it wants.
    Too low: boat handles really loose, steering is numb, flat/no roostertail.
    Too high: boat's running flat, no lift, steering is really stiff, roostertail above motor cowling.
    Boat setup 101: Take it too far and bring it back. You need to find out what too high is, and what too low is, start where you are, and in 1/4" movements, go up until you lose speed, lift or water pressure, then back down a click. THAT is the only way you find out exactly what YOUR boat wants.
    I understand we want to get the perfect internet answer, but that doesn't exist. No two boats/motors and especially props are identical, you have to put in the time to find your optimal settings are.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    The boat will tell you what it wants.
    Too low: boat handles really loose, steering is numb, flat/no roostertail.
    Too high: boat's running flat, no lift, steering is really stiff, roostertail above motor cowling.
    Boat setup 101: Take it too far and bring it back. You need to find out what too high is, and what too low is, start where you are, and in 1/4" movements, go up until you lose speed, lift or water pressure, then back down a click. THAT is the only way you find out exactly what YOUR boat wants.
    I understand we want to get the perfect internet answer, but that doesn't exist. No two boats/motors and especially props are identical, you have to put in the time to find your optimal settings are.
    DAM You know your Stuff !
    can
    Od935509