Can a rod builder make a rod for a megabass handle?

Purchased a megabass 7’11 launcher rod off of eBay last week. Took it out Saturday and my 4th cast with a 6xd crankbait and it snapped. Called megabass and they will not do anything because I’m not the original owner. The seller on eBay will not contact me and I’ll I wanted to know if he had the receipt. My question is can there be a rod built for the handle since the rod has a removable handle or should I just trash it and lick my wounds?

2. Member
    I believe it can be done. Don't toss anything

3. Member
    You will need a new blank and reel seat more than likely. I am guessing the guides, some of the trim pieces and what not can be salavaged. Best bet is to contact a builder of your choosing and get a quote. I would suggest trying to find a blank on sale. At times the NFC blanks can be had for half off. Either way this won’t be a cheap thing either.

Between shipping the rod, the builders time and materials and whatever the blanks and components cost I would say figure at least $300 unless your builder is local or someone you know personally and they won’t charge much for labor.

Quote Originally Posted by kickerfish1 View Post
    Between shipping the rod, the builders time and materials and whatever the blanks and components cost I would say figure at least $300 unless your builder is local or someone you know personally and they won’t charge much for labor.
    For $300 he can buy a new Megabass Orochi XX Launcher from TW with free shipping.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

5. Member
    I bought the rod off of eBay and the previous owner does not have the receipt. First and second cast were short cast to dail my reel in, 3rd cast pulled up on the marked fish and caught a 3 1/2 pounder. 4 th cast snapped and it sounded like a 22 going off. I will never purchase another megabass rod.

Just out of curiosity, where did it snap?

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

7. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroker250xs View Post
    I bought the rod off of eBay and the previous owner does not have the receipt. First and second cast were short cast to dail my reel in, 3rd cast pulled up on the marked fish and caught a 3 1/2 pounder. 4 th cast snapped and it sounded like a 22 going off. I will never purchase another megabass rod.
    2nd owner, rod shipped at least twice, my guess is damaged in transit.

8. Member
    About 3/4 the way up where the rod bends. It was a tackle warehouse rod tube and it didn’t have any signs of damage or being crushed

9. Member
    Was it a symetrical clean break or was it splintered?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Was it a symetrical clean break or was it splintered?
    Perfect clean even break

11. Member
    You can easily build a new fishing rod using that handle. However, and its been said, you'll need to purchase additional components. ]

Bryanmc57 said: For $300 he can buy a new Megabass Orochi XX Launcher from TW with free shipping.

Yes, he could buy a new rod off the rack for that price. Or, he could save money and buy a much cheaper rod. There are options available to him. A custom rod is just that and it isn't always cheap, but it is always custom to you. Just depends on what you want.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)