Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    If you come by the plant make sure to tell who ever you see, that you want to meet me. Or let me know when you will be there

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

2. Member
    ok, will do.

I don't know what the status of the fiberglass boats is, but what I do know that my current 2018 520L with a Merc ProMax 2S is going to get traded in on something. Thus far, from what I see, I like the VX20 but my local dealer doesn't have one yet. When are these boats going to be ready for primetime?
    2018 Ranger 520L w/ Merc Pro XS 250 4S
    15" Solix console
    12" Solix on the bow
    Ultrex
    Atlas Hydraulic Jackplate

4. Member
    good question gsb0824. I noticed on the VEXUS "build mine" website that you still cant even get the pricing yet. we are having the H1 boat races here in Guntersville next week and vexus is bringing one down to show and maybe give a few test rides etc. it will also be on display at our local Freedom Marine dealer for a few days. I believe they will be here on july 1st if you'd like to drive down and eyeball them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzz View Post
    good question gsb0824. I noticed on the VEXUS "build mine" website that you still cant even get the pricing yet. we are having the H1 boat races here in Guntersville next week and vexus is bringing one down to show and maybe give a few test rides etc. it will also be on display at our local Freedom Marine dealer for a few days. I believe they will be here on july 1st if you'd like to drive down and eyeball them.
    Thanks for the info and invite Grizzz! I really appreciate this. Unfortunately, I have a retail business and will be working during that time but I would have very much enjoyed seeing Guntersville again and seeing some boat races. I am somewhat disappointed in my Ranger 520L and am wanting to trade but don't know exactly what I want. I was very interested in seeing the new fiberglass Vexus boat and all the features really stood out to me. I am a little leary about buying the first model of anything, like I did the 520L. Maybe my biggest frustration is with the 2 stroke Merc motor. But I will wait until a few have actually purchased and reviewed the Vexus VX. My local dealer is Watson's Marine in Bluff City, TN and they are great to work with. Again, thanks for the info.
    2018 Ranger 520L w/ Merc Pro XS 250 4S
    15" Solix console
    12" Solix on the bow
    Ultrex
    Atlas Hydraulic Jackplate

So basically day to day production hasn't actually started so the op was partially right. Good thing we don't roll out new products in this manner, lots of hype and marketing and no available products for the consumer.

7. Member
    So, SClark is nice enough to tell us why there is a delay in getting production ramped up (training for whole new way to build) and some criticize Vexus anyway for taking their time to get it right. Is there nothing happening on the other bass boat manufacturer forums? Hey guys the boats will be ready when these guys go through the QC process they know all to well after years in the business.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    So basically day to day production hasn't actually started so the op was partially right. Good thing we don't roll out new products in this manner, lots of hype and marketing and no available products for the consumer.
    So it was you the OP was speaking of. Nice of you to stop by late in the conversation to defend yourself.

Hey I might have missed it. What was the date Vexus communicated on when the glass boats will be available? I thought they revealed the product line and are marketing it for sales late summer. Didn't think there was a date they committed too. Thanks
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    So, SClark is nice enough to tell us why there is a delay in getting production ramped up (training for whole new way to build) and some criticize Vexus anyway for taking their time to get it right. Is there nothing happening on the other bass boat manufacturer forums? Hey guys the boats will be ready when these guys go through the QC process they know all to well after years in the business.
    I think he's saying the same thing Im saying. Vexus had a long time to work on this boat. Then the hype starts about the Classic being the fist time anyone can see them. Then to traveling the US doing demo days. Then to production stops to figure some stuff out. That's a lot of "if's and but's" and no boat still on the market. My opinion on what they should have done is not reveille the boat til its ready to ship to dealers and be sold.
    I think they have a great lay out on the boat. I just think it been marketed horribly!!! And prolly veered off a lot of buyers.

At the classic they were pretty clear that the boats would be ready "late summer". They didn't stop production, they are still in the process of ramping the actual production line and providing training. With end goal of meeting the late summer time frame. We are 90 days post reveal. This is is very similar to the AVX launch one year earlier, which worked.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

To my knowledge, they didn't hype up demo rides in their aluminum line. When you start putting peoples butts in seats, you better be ready to sell the product. That's all Im saying.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinkey View Post
    I think he's saying the same thing Im saying. Vexus had a long time to work on this boat. Then the hype starts about the Classic being the fist time anyone can see them. Then to traveling the US doing demo days. Then to production stops to figure some stuff out. That's a lot of "if's and but's" and no boat still on the market. My opinion on what they should have done is not reveille the boat til its ready to ship to dealers and be sold.
    I think they have a great lay out on the boat. I just think it been marketed horribly!!! And prolly veered off a lot of buyers.
    Just think how much worse it would be if they rushed into production and had ‘issues’. Then again, it has not caused Boeing any problems. Doh!

14. Banned
    I'd venture to guess the 200 or so glass boats they have taken deposits on would dispel the "marketed horribly" notion, but I could be wrong.

15. Member
    They will be 2020 models, some kind of law that they cannot sell a new year model before July I think. They did not want to have a couple of months of 2019 models, makes good sense to me, I do not think they messed anything up as far as marketing goes, now the handy cap rail is another story..................

16. Member
    I'm thinking about drinking the kool aid, I haven't seen one in person yet but I like what I see in the video, I was ready to buy something soon but have decided to wait until more of the VX boats are being used to make a final decision.

17. Member
    My Vexus AVX1980 White Summit is beinig built as we speak...wish I had the time to drive up and see it go through the build process or get a few snaps of it going through the process...wish I had it by the 4th..anxiously awaiting

18. Member
    Boats were never planned to hit dealers stock before Aug. If a Dealer has taking a deposit, that boat moves up in production. My dealer has 4 stock boats coming early August and is still being told that this is on schedule. They also have a deposit on one that will be at the dealership late July. This is all still on track as to what they have been telling the consumer all along. Don' t get what the big deal is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinkey View Post
    To my knowledge, they didn't hype up demo rides in their aluminum line. When you start putting peoples butts in seats, you better be ready to sell the product. That's all Im saying.
    What boat company do you own? Everyone knows how to run a business better than the business that's been doing this longer than some of us have been alive!
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    What boat company do you own? Everyone knows how to run a business better than the business that's been doing this longer than some of us have been alive!
    Vexus has been around that long?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast