04 TR21 recirc pumps not turning on.

Neither pump turns on so I'm assuming it's electrical issue. The button (breaker I assume) under the console isn't tripped. Is there another fuse somewhere to check?

2. Member
    Do you have power to the switch?
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

3. Member
    Do you have it on timed or manual? I've taken a couple stupid pills before and thought my pumps went out but I had them on timed mode instead of manual. Both fill and recirculate run on the timer so I filled up my wells manually with a Rubbermaid container I had in the boat and then a couple minutes later they kicked on and I felt silly.

If it's not that, I'm not aware of another of another fuse or breaker anywhere in the boat.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by bbqpitboss View Post
    Do you have power to the switch?
    The light comes on so I have power at least that far.

I've tried it both manual and timed. There is definitely a tech issue.

5. Member
    Check and see if you have power through the switch to the output side.
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

6. Member
    What type of control panel is on your console? Push button or knobs? I have the push button panel and bow light button and port recirc is not working. Done some checking and narrowed it down to a relay in the control panel. Replacement panel(s) is not cheap!! B.O.A.T.= Bring Out Another Thousand!!
    Last edited by Triton 19x2; 06-11-2019 at 09:48 PM.

7. Member
    Did you let it set for a few minutes while the timer was on? Do the live well pumps work? If they do you have power because both sets of pumps are on the same breaker and work through the timer/manual switch.

Luckily I have the knobs, not the push button. I'll check the out side of that switch tonight. Live well pumps work fine. recircs won't come on in manual or timed.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish_4_Five View Post
    Luckily I have the knobs, not the push button. I'll check the out side of that switch tonight. Live well pumps work fine. recircs won't come on in manual or timed.
    Check the spade terminals for corrosion or loose fit. It's kind of a PITA to get to them.
    1998 Tr-21, 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66

10. Member
    Check the orange/tan wire for power at each switch then you should have a tan/blue to port pump and a brown/yellow to starboard pump. If you look in the sticky posts at the top of this board under helpful sites you'll find the wiring diagram for some of the older Tritons listed.
    Last edited by mdtritn21; 06-13-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks! All try all these this weekend!

Just a quick follow up. Thanks for the input. Turns out both recirc pumps were bad. Replaced both yesterday and all is good. What are the freakin odds of that. Both worked ine one weekend, and out the next. Since I was back there I went ahead and replaced the live well pumps too.

13. Member
    Good move replacing all the pumps while you've got everything taken apart. Hope you don't have a short somewhere that caused both pumps to pop at once! Or do you think they got left on? I've burned up a couple pumps in my day lol.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by duracraftman View Post
    Good move replacing all the pumps while you've got everything taken apart. Hope you don't have a short somewhere that caused both pumps to pop at once! Or do you think they got left on? I've burned up a couple pumps in my day lol.
    They wouldn't of been left on because I have master kill switch that's turned off before I leave the ramp. I'll just have to keep fingers crossed that is was a fluke thing and not a short.