Ipilot link question

I have a new ultrex link, and when ever I hit spot lock it drops a SL1093... waypoint. I get the weighpoint but I don't want to automatically save them to the unit. So I found in settings a choice for (Ipilot automatic upload data) (turned it off) it still drops waypoints and they are saved in my sonar.

so 2 questions I have thanks for your help
    1. Can I stop spotlock from automatically saving to my sonar?
    2. What did the setting I spoke of above change? As I see no differences
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

2. Member
    Auto upload is for when there is no communication with a HB unit(ethernet). The trolling motor will hold up to 16 spotlocks and if and when a HB unit communicates by ethernet those will be uploaded to to the HB unit if you select auto upload. The other question depends on things. I would suggest downloading the ipilot Manual and read the spotlock section. There is a Helix/ipilot manual as well as a solix/Onix/ipilot manual. Not to mention a generic ipilot manual. Get the one for your unit. Those manuals are on the minn kota site under support/manuals/accessories. If you tell me what unit i can give you a link if you want. Bob

Thanks, I am actually using a 959( ) with current update, and got some help in the humminbird section. I'm sure my current update is probably not up to par with the newer units updates but it's an amazing thing for sure.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    Yea I saw the response. Till you are able to get a newer unit the generic manual should be a helpful manual. Link:https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...Link-BT-EN.pdf