Thread: Shimano ICast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayj View Post
    Read on another forum couple reels coming out are slx dc and a tatula elite. Im still hoping for a 51/71 sized Chronarch, if not Ill try the jdm Scorpion mgl.
    They have a few videos out. 2 new SLX models and a new stradic is what I saw so far other than some baits in my feed today.

keep hoping.....;)
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

Saw the list of Shimano releases...pretty underwhelming

4. Member
    Yeah hopefully something good is in tge works for later this week pretty weak I cast so far

New Conquest DC in 100/101 HG or 50/51 HG please.
    13 year old Tracker

everything that's being released has been released. Saltwater year outsidd of SLX line extentions...

As solid as the Stradic FK is, I imagine the new Stradic FL is too. It's not a "gamechanger" or sexy or exciting, but I'm looking forward to seeing one in person. Along with the Loomis MBR IMX Pro's. What can you tell us about them, reelex?

Been fishing the IMX Pro since January. I wasnt sure I was going to like them along side other Loomis offerings but Ive been extremely impressed, and they bend right.

The new Stradic isnt "sexy" as you say but it too is an upgrade, internally and estetically. Dan

Quote Originally Posted by reelex View Post
    Been fishing the IMX Pro since January. I wasnt sure I was going to like them along side other Loomis offerings but Ive been extremely impressed, and they bend right.

The new Stradic isnt "sexy" as you say but it too is an upgrade, internally and estetically. Dan
    Thanks! I haven't seen a model list on the IMX Pro. From what Tackle Warehouse initially shows, it appears to be 782, 783, 842, 843, 844, 903, 904

10. Member
    What's everyone's thoughts on the new SLX XT? Think it will be a winner? Anyone know the delivery dates? TW says summer but also lists Nov.

It says made in a Shimano factory and brass gears on TW.
    Does that mean the first gen SLX was not made in a Shimano factory and did not have brass gears? Anyone have any info?
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    What's everyone's thoughts on the new SLX XT? Think it will be a winner? Anyone know the delivery dates? TW says summer but also lists Nov.

Does that mean the first gen SLX was not made in a Shimano factory and did not have brass gears? Anyone have any info?
    You can get them now if you look hard enough. I got my SLX dc in yesterday :-) Seems like a solid reel. Can't wait to get it out on the water. The XT looks like a winner too. I'm a huge fan of the SLX platform.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcazmo View Post
    You can get them now if you look hard enough. I got my SLX dc in yesterday :-) Seems like a solid reel. Can't wait to get it out on the water. The XT looks like a winner too. I'm a huge fan of the SLX platform.
    Care to share where you got them? I can't find them, keep turning up Shimano bike parts in my search.

13. Member
    I see the SLX DC on ebay but do not see the SLX XT anywhere yet.

14. Banned
    Care to share where you got them? I can't find them, keep turning up Shimano bike parts in my search.
    Type in SLX fishing reel.

15. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    I see the SLX DC on ebay but do not see the SLX XT anywhere yet.
    Message sent.

16. Member

The first SLX is also made in the same Shimano factory in Malaysia. It also has brass gears.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joekaz View Post
    The first SLX is also made in the same Shimano factory in Malaysia. It also has brass gears.
    Thanks for the info. I guess they were struggling with differences to list for consumer and added those for extra measure. Kind of misleading, making you to believe you want spend the extra money. I wonder if the new brake system will be worth it for another $30?

18. Member
    Thanks for the info. I guess they were struggling with differences to list for consumer and added those for extra measure. Kind of misleading, making you to believe you want spend the extra money. I wonder if the new brake system will be worth it for another $30?
    For me I would spend the extra 30 bucks for the XT because I could fine tune the brakes if needed. Plus I think it looks better and it has 1 more bearing.
    Last edited by joekaz; 07-18-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joekaz View Post
    For me I would spend the extra 30 bucks for the XT because I could fine tune the brakes if needed. Plus I think it looks better and it has 1 more bearing.
    I have the XT , got it off ebay about a month ago. It's super nice , well worth the money. Just remember these little slx reels have narrow spools and thumbars.
    Took me a minute to get used to it. The slx dc is a little wider , feels good in the hand.

Type in SLX XT Reel on ebay , they'll pop up.

Digitaka has the SLX MGL.
    Last edited by JohnD.; 07-18-2019 at 08:25 PM.

20. Member
    I switched back to Shimano this year from Diawa. I still can't believe how much I love my Bantam MGL reels. It would be hard for Shimano to build a better reel in my opinion. I also bought some JDM Shimano Excense Ci4 spinning reels. These have been great as well.
    Last edited by Rick McFaul; 07-19-2019 at 06:31 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12