Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Goodyear Endurance from Amazon

My research has yielded this is the least expensive way to go, has anyone found a better deal than Amazon? What’s been your experience purchasing the Endurance tires from Amazon? Specifically, what are the manufactured dates of the tires you’ve received in relation to the date you purchased them? I’m concerned about buying a set of tires that have been sitting on the shelf for years. Thoughts?

I might be wrong, but I don't think the Endurance has been out for more than a couple of years....???

3. Member
    I have bought several sets of tires from Amazon including trailer and truck. So far they have been within same time frame and manufactured within the last 3 to 6 months depending on popularity of tire. I am about to buy another set and if the pricing is right they will be bought from Amazon, hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by bassin365 View Post
    I have bought several sets of tires from Amazon including trailer and truck. So far they have been within same time frame and manufactured within the last 3 to 6 months depending on popularity of tire. I am about to buy another set and if the pricing is right they will be bought from Amazon, hope this helps.
    Those were my thoughts, too. Like mysuzytoo said, the Endurance hasn’t been out too long and it seems to be a very popular trailer tire. That leads me to believe there shouldn’t be too much time between manufactured date and when I buy them. Amazon is getting tough to beat on any and all products. I’ve been out of the continental states for 2 years so I haven’t really been able to use them often. I’m blown away by their offerings and pricing. Would love to buy from a local Goodyear dealer but when you can save $100 it makes that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgunner View Post
    Would love to buy from a local Goodyear dealer but when you can save $100 it makes that difficult.
    Last time I bought some GYs I got an online price and then called the local GY dealer. He appreciated the opportunity and matched the price.

6. Member
    I'm still learning how to spell "Purchase" but everything I've BOUGHT at Amazon, hasn't been laying around very long, especially if it's popular. As other's have said, our Endurance Tires haven't been out really long enough to matter very much.

7. Banned
    How much are they on Amazon.?

Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    How much are they on Amazon.?
    $108/tire to my door w/ Prime

Let's say you buy some tires off the internet and have them shipped to you. You then carry these tires to someone to have them mounted and balanced. A couple of weeks/months later and a problem occurs...who ya gonna call? Not saying it won't work but seeing the price you quoted I started thinking it might be a good thing for the tires I will be needing soon and started wondering?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Islands View Post
    Let's say you buy some tires off the internet and have them shipped to you. You then carry these tires to someone to have them mounted and balanced. A couple of weeks/months later and a problem occurs...who ya gonna call? Not saying it won't work but seeing the price you quoted I started thinking it might be a good thing for the tires I will be needing soon and started wondering?
    Exactly. Place that was going to mount mine said the same thing. Should a problem arise, you chat with them. Get tires from me, its my problem. Well worth the few dollars.

11. Member
    Check with tirerack.com I'm not sure if they sell trailer tires. I have bought tires from them for the last several years. They have a network of installers, even here in rural Arkansas. You order the tires, and select an installer. They ship the tires to the installer and you set up a time to have them put on.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

12. Banned
    I paid 123 a tire mounted and balanced from my local tire guy. And the date was from May this year.

Fortunately I have access to a tire changer/balancer. Do trailer tires come with warranties?

14. Member
    Got 2 online from Walmart this spring. $197 for the pair. Free shipping.

15. mikesxpress
    Discount tire had the best price delivered on mine and they move allot of tires. I got my local tire shop to match the price, back the warranty, mount them, and I get free rotations. Your not going to get much after the sale support on tires from Amazon without a hassle.

16. Member
    Discount Tire is a couple dollars cheaper than Amazon on the 205/75-14's.

Anytime I can buy something local I always will and I have been an Amazon Prime member since they came out with Prime.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    I paid 123 a tire mounted and balanced from my local tire guy. And the date was from May this year.
    thats what i paid discount tire,mounted balanced with life time balancing and road hazard

18. Member
    Another vote for Discount Tire, bought 4 from them, one trip and done.

19. Member
    I got mine from the Goodyear Dealer. Discount Tire wouldn't put tires on the trailer unless the boat was off of it an the one ramp near my house definitely wouldn't be a place I'd leave my boat unattended.
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

I don't remember exactly but I didn't pay much over $200 for two 15" Endurance tires mounted and balanced with the road hazard warranty at Discount Tire.

To each his own but I would never buy something like tires, that I might need service after the sale, off the internet.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast