TRIM GAUGE ADJUSTMENT

I have a 2019 Mercury 200 HP Pro XS with 16 hours on it and I noticed that when I trim the motor up it will travel almost half way up then the gauge will begin to register movement. I have been searching for a video or an article on how to adjust the sending unit but have not found one. Is this something that can be adjusted or is this a technician only fix. Thanks for any help.
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10

2. mikesxpress
    Dealer should have adjusted the trim with the laptop when the new engine was rigged.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Need to know if you're using ANALOG or Smartcraft Trim Gauge.

Should have been configured by the selling/rigging dealer.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    The analog gauge is off and the smartcraft is spot on problem being is I don't know how to set smartgauge to show rpm and trim together if it is possible.
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Which Smartcraft Instrument do you have?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    MercMonitor ECO Gauge
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You can scroll through the available screens in Propulsion. The "Eco" (Basic) MercMonitor (now discontinued) did not have any user-definable screen choices, though.

You can go into settings... and if I recall correctly, you can set trim to "popup" for 3 seconds when trim is activated.

8. Member
    Thank You I have set the trim to pop up.
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10