Wow it’s a pain to find a battery

I need a new starting battery and I haven’t found one yet in Summerville, guess I gotta go get raped at a marina. Need at least a 1000mcA and not break the bank in the process. Found an X2 power at batteries plus but i’d Have to finance that thing, wow. Where do y’all get the batteries from?
    Sometimes I need my ATV when in my boat and sometimes I need my boat while riding my ATV.

Napa commercial battery 7234 (or 7235,7236,7237 depending on your needs). Available at most Napa auto parts stores. Much cheaper than many other options
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

Thanks I’ll go try there.
    Sometimes I need my ATV when in my boat and sometimes I need my boat while riding my ATV.

If you want the X2... order it online and you get 10% off. Pick which store you want to pick it up. The X2 also has a $30 mail in rebate going right now as well... so that's about $70 off a phenominal battery. Thing should last you 5+ years.

5. Member
    DEKA makes Duracells

Duracell at batteries+ $107 - 10% online coupon
    https://www.batteriesplus.com/batter.../bci-group-24m

Group 24 kicks 1000MCA

They are also sold at SamsClub. $79
    https://www.samsclub.com/sams/marine...rod15350131.ip

Thats the battery I use. fires a 250SHO, worked fine on the old 225 optimax too. dual power poles, 2 graphs, pumps, jackplate, etc...

Lasts me 2-3 years of regular use before it starts to dip during starting at the end of the day.

Thanks for the replies, very much helpful

7. Banned
    The cheapest batteries I see are at RuralKing.com. We're lucky to have a store locally, and their prices on Exide batteries for my diesel pickup are 1/2 that of the big name box auto parts stores--or Walmart even. Unfortunately, it takes two 850 amp/hr batteries for a diesel.

8. Member
    West marine carries a house brand that is 1050cca, mine is on 2.5 years now and still going strong cranking my opti. It was 170 and they have 20-30% off sales on batteries every now and then

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    Napa commercial battery 7234 (or 7235,7236,7237 depending on your needs). Available at most Napa auto parts stores. Much cheaper than many other options
    If you're on a tight budget- this is the way to go. Can get the same battery through Carquest and several other outlets... punches out around 950 CCA (which is a good STARTING point for an Optimax-Model Fishing Boat).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    you might want to take a look here !!! if you have a store near by its hard to beat the price and the Battery !!!

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/int...dCatid=5768154

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strmwalker View Post
    you might want to take a look here !!! if you have a store near by its hard to beat the price and the Battery !!!

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/int...dCatid=5768154
    Not enough battery for the application.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor