Anyone make small (2") senko type baits?

Big bluegill love 2" Senkos. I need to find some more. Any help locating someone that pours them would be great!
    Last edited by CHM; 06-10-2019 at 03:02 PM.

2. Member
    I never heard of 2" Senkos but I do pour 2" -3" soft sticks.
    Last edited by SPOONMINNOW; 03-06-2021 at 04:11 PM.

3. Member
    I bought 3 bags of black 2" GY Senkos in Cabelas bargain cave a few years ago and gave them to my son. He's only got a couple left. Last time out it was the hot bait by far. Thanks for your post. I will try it!

There are some molds out there, Enforcer makes one for example. If you Facebook, you may check one of the mega buy/sell groups there to see if anyone makes them. I think there may also be a group or three dedicated to panfish soft plastics, so that may be a place to look as well.

If you don't have any luck, another thing you might try is wacky rigging 3" Berkley Trout Worms on something like a 1/32 jig head. I hesitate to say this because it works so good and I don't want my secret getting out, but they've outfished live minnows for crappies for me to the point that I quit buying minnows when crappie fishing! I've caught a bunch of big gills on them too. Generally I fish them under a slip bobber (with whatever amount of split shot spread out on the line to get it to balance properly) and "jig" the rod to make the bobber hop in the water several times then pause. That "jigging" motion is usually done more with the rod tip down like you might work a soft-plastic jerkbait as opposed to how you might normally jig something. Then you'll see that bobber dunk on the pause.

You can also fish them without the bobber, I just have a hard time casting such a lightweight offering on the repurposed finesse bass rods I use when I panfish. Plus, the bobber keeps the bait above the weeds and above the panfish that usually like to feed up in my experience. Of course the bobber also allows you to really dial in the proper depth. This is not quite the same action as a stick bait like you're wanting, instead it's similar to the action of a wacky rigged Trick Worm vs. a Senko if speaking of "normal" bass-sized baits, but it's extremely effective nonetheless.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

5. Member
    Thanks!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SPOONMINNOW View Post
    I never heard of 2" Senkos.

They started out as a JDM only product.
    Check eBay.
    Question everything!

7. Member
    Trout Magnets and Crappie Magnets, bluegill love em.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

8. Member

9. Member
    Chop off a regular sinking worm. Use a lighter to heat and round off the cut end.

10. Member
    edit
    Last edited by SPOONMINNOW; 09-13-2020 at 07:15 AM.