Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    [QUOTE=Rick Howard;10325755]Lowrance replaced this unit but it’s still doing the same thing. Side scan works ok but this is what down scan looks like. The unit is an hds7 gen 3. Lss1 wired right to the unit.
    [/QUOTE

IMO you really need the LSS-1 box for the down and right/left scan, when using a LSS-1 transducer. You probably need this adaptor cable if you can fine one, since your going directly to the unit.

https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/ty...odule-adaptor/
    Last edited by Jason Gilstrap; 06-14-2019 at 04:17 PM.
    Jason Gilstrap / Lowrance Pro Staff

2. Member
    I have to agree with Jasons suggestion...I have had multiple units, G3, Carbon..etc..several of each of them.... ALL hooked to an LSS-1 on the TM, but all of them use the same module box...that has not changed and all of the pictures with all units have been excellent. FWIW
    Tommy
    Prostaff
    Lowrance/Navico

3. Member
    I have the module. On a different issue I was instructed to wire it direct. Lowrance just said... buy a new transducer lol

So, onto replacing the transducer. Do I use my lss1 module with the LSS 2 transducer or do I just use the lss2 transducer or do I need the Lss2 transducer and the hd module....
    Last edited by Rick Howard; 06-14-2019 at 03:38 PM.

4. Member
    If you have a lss-2, you can plug in directly to the unit or used with a lss-2 box with the lss-2 transducer .
    Jason Gilstrap / Lowrance Pro Staff

5. Banned
    Experimentation is the key to the best images, if you have time to experiment anyways.

6. Member
    So I went back to the LSS-1 module because I was going to network my two devices to share maps and structure scan. I switched the Ethernet cable out for a new and shorter one at the dash. StructureScan is back. that was a happy accident. The Ethernet cable was bad.

7. Member
    Great customer service to send a new unit. Its terribly hard to troubleshoot a unit over the phone with multiple cables and variables. Glad it all worked out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12