Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Down scan looks off.

Lowrance replaced this unit but it’s still doing the same thing. Side scan works ok but this is what down scan looks like. The unit is an hds7 gen 3. Lss1 wired right to the unit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I would also like know a fix. I have a carbon 9 hooked to an HDI transducer on the trolling motor and it looks the same way.

3. Member
    My new 12" carbon with 3in1 looks similar.

4. Member
    When I switched from the LSS-2 to the 3-1, mounted in the same spot, my SS and DS went to crap.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

You are seeing fishreveal with no downscan. Check to see if your downscan source is correct.

6. Member
    You do have to select "This Unit" with the 2/3-in-1. If you had a SS3D module the carbon may still be trying to use that as a souce. And you do need to "Network Sonar" for remote MFD access.

7. Member
    Sonar works fine on my carbon but it’s like it’s not reading the bottom on down scan.
    Running the latest update.
    Have tried hard resets and soft resets and nothing changes it have even selected generic transducer.

8. Member
    Looks like I may have had the wrong transducer selected. I spent some time with customer service on the phone last night. I’ll know in the next day or two if we have it right.

Despite some opinions I’ve read, the Lawrance customer service was fantastic. I spoke with two different individuals on two separate issues and both were curtious, understanding, and patient.

9. Member
    Still not functioning.

The discouraging parts is My transducer (lss1) will not show up on list of transducers. We thought the HDI 83/200 455/800 would work but... no such luck. I tried a few others and some would give me DS and others SS but none looked good and none would allow for both. I suppose I will call Lawrance again tomorrow.

10. Member
    The LSS1 won’t show up it is automatically selected when plugged in. You only need to select your 2d ducer.

11. Banned
    Do the gen3’s require the 9 pin adapter for use with the older transducers?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Howard View Post
    Still not functioning.

The discouraging parts is My transducer (lss1) will not show up on list of transducers. We thought the HDI 83/200 455/800 would work but... no such luck. I tried a few others and some would give me DS and others SS but none looked good and none would allow for both. I suppose I will call Lawrance again tomorrow.

Your LSS-1 (or LSS-2) should NOT be choosen under Sonar-Installation as it is ONLY transducers with a 2D-element that needs to be selected.
    You can not use LSS (1 or 2) in the same unit as a HDI, your unit can only handle one direct source for Structruescan at a time. If you have a LSS hooked to your unit and are using a HDI for 2D, select HST-WSBL under Sonar-Installation. The rest is just a question on viewing the right source on your unit.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Your LSS-1 (or LSS-2) should NOT be choosen under Sonar-Installation as it is ONLY transducers with a 2D-element that needs to be selected.
    You can not use LSS (1 or 2) in the same unit as a HDI, your unit can only handle one direct source for Structruescan at a time. If you have a LSS hooked to your unit and are using a HDI for 2D, select HST-WSBL under Sonar-Installation. The rest is just a question on viewing the right source on your unit.
    I re-read all the post on this several times. Bloodman, Team Colibri and myself have all suggested making sure the correct source is selected. This is not a "setup" question or a 2nd or 3rd level menu question. It's on the down scan menu on the right hand side. I can't see that you ever responded to those suggestions. You are not selecting a channel. It's not a networking issue - until you try to access the LSS1 from a remote unit.

14. Member
    The only option for source is “this unit”.

15. Member

16. Member
    He has a Gen3 it appears.

THIS looks exactly like the issue I had with downscan. Nothing I could do in settings would fix it. The ONLY solution for me was to roll back to 7.0.
    18.2 has a couple issues on Gen3, this issue and intermittent 2D sonar operation.
    Last edited by moetorola; 06-12-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Howard View Post
    The only option for source is “this unit”.
    Which display unit is the LSS-1 plugged into?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Which display unit is the LSS-1 plugged into?
    I am not certain what your asking. But the LSS 1 transducer is plugged into the HDS7 gen 3 in the structure port. Unit is located at the dash. The SS transducer is mounted on the transom setback. I don’t know where the 2d transducer is. But there is one somewhere cause I plug that into the sonar port. Also it works well lol.

19. Member
    If you recently updated , and it worked before. See my post #16

20. Member
    This unit came from Lowrance with 18.2 to installed. It is a replacement unit for one that was shutting itself down. But that unit had the same issue with the downscan.

I’m going to call Lawrance again tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast