Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Livescope vs. Livesight comparison video

This sure reaffirms my decision to go with Garmin!

2. Member
    Yep, not even close even if your a pro Lowrance person.

Wow! What a disappointment for the Lowrance guys. I am glad I went all in with Garmin now. I was thinking I should have held out to see what Lowrance had to offer. Happy I made the right choice.

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    No way will I go backwards!

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I'd compare the LiveSight to the original Panoptix, not Live Scope.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    Not even close.

7. Member
    I know now I made the right choice getting Garmin. I still have 2 Lowrance HDS units 1 carbon and 1 Gen. 3, they both work great for sidescan and downscan but I’m so glad that I didn’t buy the HDS Live, thinking it would work as good as Garmin Livescope. Lowrance is going to lose a lot of customer over this IMHO. The spotlight scan was a flop and now this.

8. Member
    I just rigged livescope on my boat which replaced my panoptix ps31. The livesite does appear to be nothing more than panoptix. I was told by a Garmin rep at the bassmaster classic that lowrance had negotiated with garmin to obtain the panoptix technology as part of a lawsuit settlement. Garmin gave them panoptix via the ps31 and a few weeks later introduced livescope. Some may say this is bs but it is very very similar to what my ps31 produced. If in fact it is true, will lowrance have the ability to develop it further into a livescope like product on their own? Anyone who says it better or between panoptix and livescope is wrong. It’s panoptix at best.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I'd compare the LiveSight to the original Panoptix, not Live Scope.....
    This exactly in fact my ps 22 looks better than livesight.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Here’s my take on the whole sidescan world yes it works ,is it perfect no ,but scope side scan would be the game changer as when you can see everything in live time instead of the past it make a world of difference.I would give my side scan for my scope any day.

Garmin has the technology they should of just blew the other 2 away in sidescan technology and who knows they still may.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Here’s my take on the whole sidescan world yes it works ,is it perfect no ,but scope side scan would be the game changer as when you can see everything in live time instead of the past it make a world of difference.I would give my side scan for my scope any day.

Garmin has the technology they should of just blew the other 2 away in sidescan technology and who knows they still may.

The thing about the current Sidescan is you have time to review what you have passed over and decide if it’s worth the effort to investigate further.
    Last edited by Shooter 1; 06-09-2019 at 07:28 PM.

12. Member
    Lowrance definitely failed here. But, they had to bring something to the table (even if it's not new). I wonder what Lowrance is bringing to icast2019 other than a trolling motor? Not sure it will matter, they've been losing customers for some time now.
    Solix 12 Gen2 Mega+ SI, Helix 7 DI G3, Helix 10 G3N SI +, Helix 9 G3N SI +.
    Upgraded to Mega imaging from a HDS-12 Carbon

13. Member
    do you still think Lowrance TM will be good? not at all for me
    Tangrine Orange Key 16604126S1

To me, the thing is this between the "big 3". Garmin is a MUCH larger company with many more resources to draw on that Lowrance or 'bird. They also have their entire aviation division to "borrow" technology from and this helps them bring the latest and greatest to the table with much more success than their competition.

15. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If Live Sight would have come out during the regular Panoptix stage, there could have been so type of competition at that point.....But since Live scope has hit the market not sure why they released something like they did......should have skipped that part and jumped straight to imaging type......I do think they will eventually have something like LiveScope......

16. Member
    I still dont get these bad feelings some people have towards Lowrance Livesight.

Do you think if someone asked a group of fisherman that use Lowrance’s if they would like Lowrance-style Panoptix, they would say “ only if its as good as Garmin Livescope?” You would be an idiot to say that.

Lowrance users now have Panoptix. Even if its last gen, how is this a bad thing? Last i checked Livesight is cheaper than both Livescope and Garmin Panoptix, and in the case PS-22 the same. PS-30/31’s are $1500. PS-22’s are $1k. Livesight is $1k.

It was the way lowrance marketed it.

• Turns practically all fishing into sight fishing
    • Gives the most detailed views of fish, down to turns and tail flips
    • Watch fish react to your lure
    • Make real-time adjustments, to land that big bite

The above BS is what most people, not some people are disappointed in and the sales will reflect it.
    Last edited by j791; 06-11-2019 at 09:07 PM.

18. Member
    Brody. It's all the hype that was thrown out; some by Lowrance, most by Lowrance users wishing and hoping for something to compete with LiveScope. I'm sure you saw all this on the Lowrance board. Lowrance did let it out early that it was 240 kHz and 40 degrees. Many Lowance users ignored what that meant. The PS21 was 45 so many of us had a pretty good idea. The PS21 is 417 kHz. That was also a clue. Higher frequencies give better detail. What happend to the side imaging progression 260->455->800->1200. There was never a chance that LiveSight would be as good as LiveScope (20 degrees 530-1100 kHz). The review and comparison from the folks at Russell was pretty good as far as it went. I doubt if it has the range limitation they saw. Range is dependend on depth. I think if they had been in deeper water they would have gotten more range. It's inconceivable to me that 240 kHz would have the range limitations they saw if they had been in deep water.

LiveSight is more akin to the PS21/PS31 than LiveScope. PS21 has a 45 degree cone. The PS31 though has software settings for 10,20 and 40 degrees on LiveVu Forward but also has 5,10 and 20 settings on FrontVu. So if they were equal in other respects the PS31 would be much more versatile. The detail of PS21/PS31 doesn't compare to the detail of LiveScope. I don't see LiveSight as being a competitive product to LiveScope but I do see the Lowrance angle. Will Lowrance be better off to offer this product even if it is not as good as LiveScope. Sure they will. I know quite a few Lowrance people that are locked in on that brand. They are not going to buy Hbird or Garmin no matter what they sell or how good it is.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

19. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    I still dont get these bad feelings some people have towards Lowrance Livesight.
    They were hoping/thinking it was gonna be like LiveScope and it's not........

20. Member
    so it sounds like questionable marketing and dreams of unicorns are at fault here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast