Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    Have been a Lowrance user since God dug the river west of town. The Livescope is something that has caught my eye. Running 2 carbons now 9 & 12, have grown accustomed to how the HDS's are menu driven. Hoping someone who is familiar with Lowrance could shed some light as to how a Garmin's menu works.

Is it similiar to Lowrance or is it a whole new can of worms to work with? Will keep my carbons and ss3d but just don't want the "mechanics" of utilizing the Garmin (on the bow only) to be a hinderance with the way the HDS's work?

Hopefully, just utilizing the Livescope it would not need much of the operators attention in making changes. Just don't want it to be overwhelming and turn into a frustration with 2 different units.

Will definitely spend more time on THIS board catching up on what Garmin has to offer and how it can be utilized!

thanks...
    The UI on Garmin is super simple. I’ve always had birds up to now and just installed an Ultra with LiveScope. I will not be buying another Hummingbird product. After running LiveScope two, yes just two times, I can honestly say it changes the way you fish. I’ve caught about 10 that are a direct result of seeing them first.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    Is it similiar to Lowrance or is it a whole new can of worms to work with? Will keep my carbons and ss3d but just don't want the "mechanics" of utilizing the Garmin (on the bow only) to be a hinderance with the way the HDS's work?

Hopefully, just utilizing the Livescope it would not need much of the operators attention in making changes. Just don't want it to be overwhelming and turn into a frustration with 2 different units.
    Piece of cake, expecially if all you have connected is LiveScope.
    You can choose LiveScope Forward or LiveScope Down depending on the orientation of the transducer. The default is Auto so you can let it do that for you.

Once you have the LiveScope screen if you press MENU you'll see
    Gain 0-100, Auto Low, Auto Medium, Auto High
    Forward Range 5-750, Auto, Up, Down
    Transmit On/Off
    Depth Range 5-750, Auto, Up, Down
    Pause Sonar
    Sonar Setup

Under Sonar Setup you'll find
    Appearance
    Noise Reject
    TVG
    On-screen Control
    Overlay Numbers
    Installation

The best part is that once you are up and running, rarely do you mess with the settings. You just fish. It's not a system where you have to mess with the settings much. The Auto and defaults work very well. I do like the Forward Range on 70 ft, but you decide what range you want.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

thanks for the feedback people!! Since I posted I have found youtube videos that help explain the functions. With your responses it seems apparent that the learning curve can be overcome relatively easy.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    Please post some screenshots when you can, would really like to see some.
    thanks,
    Put some up in the image forum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123