Stinnettjn1

Piscifun SAEX Elite

Anyone have experience with these reels? Picked one up for $85. I've been using KastKing Stealths, and BPS Pro Qualifier 2 reels as of late and have been pleased for the most part. Thought I would try the Piscifun stuff based on reviews.

I bought one of there Phantom baitcasters a few months ago. Been throwing cranks with it with no problems. Cast pretty well with minimal backlash.

3. Banned
    wish you the best of luck. wont comment my opinion.

If they go out on you pretty quick/after a few months, message the company directly and you will get a refund even if outside the small window to return it to amazon.

4. Member
    I have the Torrent---Very smooth reel
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

5. Member
    Many "brand name" reels are the same as the straight from China Pisciun and Kast King types. I have some, two years, humming right along. Same as SOME brand names except $140 cheaper.
    Not for everybody, you can't brag on them because the don't cost enough but if you are a tightwad, or a beginner, they might be your reel.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Many "brand name" reels are the same as the straight from China Pisciun and Kast King types. I have some, two years, humming right along. Same as SOME brand names except $140 cheaper.
    Not for everybody, you can't brag on them because the don't cost enough but if you are a tightwad, or a beginner, they might be your reel.
    billnorman doesn’t pussyfoot around. I like bill!

7. Stinnettjn1
    Hopefully I have good luck with it. I like having technique specific set ups and that requires several combos. For now, I'm hoping to have several decent quality combos rather than 4 really nice combos

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinnettjn1 View Post
    Hopefully I have good luck with it. I like having technique specific set ups and that requires several combos. For now, I'm hoping to have several decent quality combos rather than 4 really nice combos
    Looking at your boat and set up. Youre prolly not gonna like them! lol dont worry they got good return policies to avoid a bad review.

Keep an eye out for those ebay sales. basically when the sale hits. find seller's that have the "make an offer" option, make an offer 10-25% off asking price (new reel) and then once accepted apply the coupon code and you can get reels for $40+ off on something like a tutula!

Theyre not good reels, and they lack QC. They are not the same aside from the country of origin even though thats what the ones that use them tell you. Ive gone through 3 of them. one low end one...that started my dealings with them. Returned it and left a bad review. they messaged me offering me the mid range reel for free. took it. worked good 2 trips and sucked. returned it and told them im good. They emailed me a couple weeks later and offered me the next step up. Again...made it through one trip and the same issues started.

So yea, they have a VERY good return policy so its worth a shot since you wont be out any money.

9. Stinnettjn1
    Dang. Not what I was hoping to hear. I should probably stick with my $100 Lews and call it good. I'm a sucker for KastKing and Piscifun stuff. Maybe I will get lucky.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinnettjn1 View Post
    Dang. Not what I was hoping to hear. I should probably stick with my $100 Lews and call it good. I'm a sucker for KastKing and Piscifun stuff. Maybe I will get lucky.
    Theyll refund you know problem so its no risk...and you really might find a winner. I tend to have bad luck...so not really surprised i didnt get one to stick. For the price if you get a year out of it it was prolly a good buy. check out that ebay deal tho....we usually have a good samaritan who will post it and cost us all money. be on the lookout cuz you can get some killer deals

11. Member
    Well like i said mine work fine
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    Well like i said mine work fine
    im telling you I have bad luck. I have a buddy that throws 1 or 2 piscifun and a few kastkings too. He doesnt fish a ton but he has had no problems either. If i had to do it again, i prolly still would. that customer service was real good. I was only in for like $15. when they gave me the last one they told me I had to help with shipping or some kinda cost they couldnt waive. it was one of their good reels so I was fine wtih that. acted up on me but i gave it to someone to try and fix instead of asking for a refund of the $15. im not mad about it...but I do have bad luck. So the bad ones will find me!

13. Member
    I had a buddy who used them last year and sure he blew a few up with Arigs and frogs, but they held up well. I have 3 I use for pond set ups and they work well no complaints.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc575;10336150....................

Theyre not good reels, and they lack QC. They are not the same aside from the country of origin even though thats what the ones that use them tell you.[B
    Ive gone through 3 of them. one low end one...that started my dealings with them. Returned it and left a bad review. they messaged me offering me the mid range reel for free. took it. worked good 2 trips and sucked. returned it and told them im good. They emailed me a couple weeks later and offered me the next step up. Again...made it through one trip and the same issues started.[/B]
    So yea, they have a VERY good return policy so its worth a shot since you wont be out any money.
    There you go. Chinese reels that don't cost enough are no good. He had a 100% failure rate. I have 2. Both 7.1:1 baitcasters and I bass fish every week, usually doing 3 club tournaments a month.

I got extremely lucky, both of mine work. I also use PBS Pro Qualifiers. I will admit I don't fish any national tournaments. I do watch them and I am REALLY impressed with the performance of the Pro's baitcasting reels, although from the shows I have been watching, spinning reels are used about half the time, maybe even more along with light line.

15. Member
    I'm on my second season with a Kastking Royal Legend and it's been really good.

Amazon had a sale on the Piscifun torrents for $27 so i figured why not. Really liked it at first, smooth and casted great. But after a couple months of use it's started to develop a grind.
    I took it apart and cleaned and lubed but it didn't help! It still works but the grind is annoying, i'll probably use it for kayak or shore beating.

Off topic i bought a Shimano SLK on sale and have been really impressed with this reel. i will be getting another to replace the piscifun!

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    There you go. Chinese reels that don't cost enough are no good. He had a 100% failure rate. I have 2. Both 7.1:1 baitcasters and I bass fish every week, usually doing 3 club tournaments a month.

I got extremely lucky, both of mine work. I also use PBS Pro Qualifiers. I will admit I don't fish any national tournaments. I do watch them and I am REALLY impressed with the performance of the Pro's baitcasting reels, although from the shows I have been watching, spinning reels are used about half the time, maybe even more along with light line.
    who hurt you?

17. Stinnettjn1
    Thanks to all for the replies. Ill post my thought after I use my Piscifun for a while.

18. Member
    I had a bunch. Equivalent ardent apex grande. Aluminum frame and have had no issues. Not a bad deal