Helping a brother

Hay guys, my brother just bought a skeeter boat and looking at the jackplate (slideMaster) it is showing 3 dots on one side and 6 on the other side is this correct or should they be the same on both sides? the jackplate appears to be new, he loosen the side bolts and tried moving center bolt to move motor which he could turn by hand yet the motor did not move, is the jackplate jammed? Any help will be appreciated.

2. Member
    They should be the same on both sides. Might need to let the slides soak in penetrating oil for a while.

3. Member
    Thanks for quick reply

4. Scraps
    I have a buddy with an FX20 has this same issue but with a manual plate. Seems really weird.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    Mine would slip for the first 20 hrs torquing per spec. Throw that spec in the trash, I crank the bolts tight now and have no issues. Before after every 3 hours it would be 2-4 dots off.

6. Member
    you need to shake the motor quit a bit to get it to move. Leave the side with 6 dots tight, loosen the low side. Crank the center nut and then bounce the motor buy lifting skeg up and down

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by densik View Post
    you need to shake the motor quit a bit to get it to move. Leave the side with 6 dots tight, loosen the low side. Crank the center nut and then bounce the motor buy lifting skeg up and down
    This is how you fix it. Also you should be around 6-7 dots showing. Crank the bolts down very tight after you get plate level and it wont move.