Question Remove the VRO suggestions

Hey all,
    I'd like to remove the VRO and just mix my gas for piece of mind. Question is, do I go with a remote electric Holly fuel pump giving me a solid 7psi at each carb or just replace with the type of pump that goes where the VRO goes.? I'm anal about maintenance and want whats best for my motor.
    I noticed i wasnt getting oil to the carbs and am currently running on my port tank with 50/1 to be safe. I know i may foul the plugs.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I don't recommend the electric fuel pump and 7 psi is too high. You don't mention your motor or model number so it is hard to tell you which pump to get. You can still use the fuel side of your VRO pump and simply cap off the oil fitting and plug the oil line. You did state you're not getting oil to the carbs? Depending on the motor/model year you should have gotten one of two different alarms. One for Low Oil from the tank and the other a no oil from the pump it self. If you are anal like you say you should be performing the maintenance on the pump and tank. There are test procedures listed in your service manual.
    Here's a little lite reading on how the pump works. http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/VRO.html

3. Member
    93 intruder. E150GLETR VRO was changed last year. The alarm tried to sound but sounded like gurgling. So i shut it down. Tank is still full of oil.
    Ok so just plug the oil intake side of the pump to avoid air? What about alarms?

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Plug the hose and cap the inlet. Disconnect the 4 wire harness at the pump. You should test your alarm it should be loud enough to hear at speed.

5. Member
    What do you know about the fuel pump only direct replacement? Is it any good or too new to really know?

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bvizzy View Post
    What do you know about the fuel pump only direct replacement? Is it any good or too new to really know?
    I know plenty about them get the one that is a direct mount to the 60* motor. It is a dual stacked pump. Make sure you mix your oil with the gas first and run it so you have the mix in the motor before unhooking the system.

7. Member
    So mine is a 60? Ok gotcha. thanks for the help

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Yes here you go,,https://www.maxrules.com/ you want number 06-150 it will mount directly where the VRO was.