Thread: New Jag????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Jag????

Does anyone have any info on the new Jaguar or when it will be released??? Patience is a virtue but I'm wearing thin!!!!
    2014 Triton 21HP
    2014 250 Pro XS TM
    10inch Plate
    25 Fury 3 Blade

They are shooting for dealer meeting and it should show there and if not it is within days of making that.

Several have patiently waited on the release and those were ordered in 2018. They had the option of waiting or taking a 2018 style.

3. Member
    Thank you for the info. I got some sort of "Cat" scratch fever after riding a couple of them at the Classic this year.
    2014 Triton 21HP
    2014 250 Pro XS TM
    10inch Plate
    25 Fury 3 Blade

5. Member
    So when is the dealer’s meeting scheduled?
    With all due respect to Bass Cat and the rest of the bassboat industry, the practice of trying to be like Steve Jobs and tease about afuture product releases only to then deny information until some B.S. date inthe future is getting really old. I betthat whatever is going to be announced is not so “earth-shattering” that if thecompetition finds out about it, they will somehow take away from the newproduct. Let me guess…..it’s going to bea new bass boat with a little different dimensions, better ride, better layoutthan anything else in it’s class.

Either you have a product design that is mature enough torelease pictures and specs on, or you don’t. I am not asking for you companies product road-map, just some details onwhat you have indicated will be a real product.
    I don’t mean to just pick on Bass Cat. Vexus (VX-20 and 21), Lowrance (new TM),Garmin (new TM, MotorGuide (new TM), etc. are all guilty of this. Slow rolling the release of new productinformation just does not make any sense to me.

6. Member
    I'm hoping that they incorporate the Caracal front deck layout in the Jaguar. That is the only way I could imagine improving the existing Jag. Not to say I don't like the current storage arrangement in the Jag, but I think the Caracal is the best layout EVER in a bass boat. Just dreaming anyhow....no way I could ever afford payments on a Jaguar. Lol.

Nope, the new Jaguar is not earth shattering. It is a modification with new striping like existing models, similar designs to years past, the sequential consoles instead of the smaller passenger console. Nothing really other than the larger boat, different hull in some areas and a Lynx styling on the deck. There won’t be lots of changes and some offset with the rod lockers on the deck and no trolling motor storage are a few differences. The Lynx and Pantera Classic were new fresh and different, this one is more of an update with some long needed striping and look improvements.

We are saving the new and different stuff for the 219 TFX Yar-Craft this year. Then we will move ahead to other Bass Cat models with new stuff. The 219 has enough on it that it could have easily been copied or added by the competition in multi species had they know of the new items. Some, if not all, of the 219 goodies would have found their way into competitive boats and there is a reason for secrecy on new models.

The only reason anyone knows about these is production was frozen on existing models. Customers of the Jaguarnhaf the option of waiting or going ahead with the previous model. That one we don’t have reservations about as buyer remorse was what we didn’t want.

BCB

8. Member
    I'm hoping someday someone in the marine industry will actually come out with something new. My goodness, Bass Cat adding a step on the tongue of a trailer to make it easier to get in is about as "revolutionary" as it gets. I think Vexus was wanting some sort of wordly award for using resin transfer molding process that has been around for decades on their new glass boats. Oh yea, they lowered the CG by putting the fuel tank near the bottom of the hull. Good idea, but not exactly revolutionary. At least Charger tries with their limited resources by having an infra-red camera and heated seats as options.

Why not have an integrated propulsion package. Get rid of the 50 year old trolling motor design bolted to the bow that has an awkard foot pedal used for control that is attacked with a super stiff cable. If I my company was contracted to design a new boat for a customer that needed a low-speed silent means of propulsion and an engineer came to me with a solution of slapping an electric motor on top of the bow and it will be deployed like current units are, I would laugh him out of the room. Why not integrate an electric motor to the hull that has all of the function of existing TM's, but is seamless with the boat. Not that hard. Why not close-the-loop on steering with a simple IMU device that counters chine walking and make the boat drive like it's on rails. $20 quadcopters built in China have this technology.

Until the industry gets rid of the old dinosaurs that are resistant to change, we will keep on paying close to $100K for basically the same thing that was available 30 years ago.

And yes, I am patiently waiting for the new Jag design and will probable buy one, cause I'm an idiot that loves to fish.

<rant over>

Triton had heated seats and they were deleted because they got a little too “hot”. That’s been around for a while and the camera is a Lowrance FLIR option we offered between five and ten years ago.

Thanks for the comment on the grab post and we would really like to step that one Up some, pun intended.

As for the trolling motor under the hull, it’s hard to clear grass from the weeds and the cables will be gone within days. There is more to this, though hydrilla, pad fields and pepper grass all need to be cleared, even with a Ninja Blade attached.

There are two new electric models with quiet brushless motors and no cables coming. Also a motor with cables that works as an assist with or without electric drive. These are all quiet on info release because there are so many in design that even one replication pre-release could jeopardize Provisional Patents.

We looked at screens and tunnels years ago with motors driving water through the rear and side channels and surface weeds were an issue on that design. That would have eliminated that though water had to come from a plane of upper column.

We do have out of the box designs we are working on, though they are a few years away if they work out.
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 06-18-2019 at 01:43 AM.

10. Member
    Sounds like you have all the answers. Might as well start designing and building boats.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Sounds like you have all the answers. Might as well start designing and building boats.
    Let me guess.....You hate change. Maybe you should start selling bass boats.

12. Member
    Just wait until the gas tanks are replaced with one big light battery and an electric motor is hanging off the back. Battery technology is rapidly evolving. We may see that in our lifetime. I've also thought of eliminating the trolling motor... the benefits are great. Boats would perform much better and you would have a nice open work space on the front deck. I was thinking of a bow thruster design utilized in yachts. However the weeds are an issue. Another idea is to remove the battery charger from the boat and have it enclosed on the trailer. That would eliminate 35lbs from the boat and free up some space. I'd guess 95% of people charge while the boat is on the trailer.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieBass View Post
    Let me guess.....You hate change. Maybe you should start selling bass boats.
    A brushless TM with cable power steering/electric steering is the way to go for quiet propulsion and control. The changes you spoke of, propulsion thru the hull and auto-chine control would put boat cost thru the roof. The liability for an auto-chine control system would be disastrous. Failure could cause injury or death. I guess they should design a hull stability augmentation system for those rough water days. Or add an auto pilot system via satellite GPS to drive hands free to your way mark. Very cool ideas, but not profit/cost effective for Bass boat manufacturers.
    Boat costs, along with the engine on the back continue to rise. Sometimes the simplest change can benefit an angler without calling it an innovation or costing a fortune.

BCB's decision not to offer the Jag in the 2019 brochure is smart. No buyers remorse. No 2019 Jag owners struggling to get rid of their machine due to a new model release.
    They also let you know what to expect of the 2020 Jag. From deck design, color design changes, to longer length. You can bet if the prototype was ready, we would have seen it.

Don
    Last edited by Cajunhunter67; 06-18-2019 at 05:47 AM.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    Just wait until the gas tanks are replaced with one big light battery and an electric motor is hanging off the back. Battery technology is rapidly evolving. We may see that in our lifetime. I've also thought of eliminating the trolling motor... the benefits are great. Boats would perform much better and you would have a nice open work space on the front deck. I was thinking of a bow thruster design utilized in yachts. However the weeds are an issue. Another idea is to remove the battery charger from the boat and have it enclosed on the trailer. That would eliminate 35lbs from the boat and free up some space. I'd guess 95% of people charge while the boat is on the trailer.
    This will never happen in my lifetime. I'm 51 yrs old. A Small boat designed for electric only reservoirs, definitely. A Bass boat? Nope! If I need to make a 65-70 mile round trip with the pedal to the floor, I don't want to worry about a charge. (except on the TM which doesn't keep me from returning to the ramp.) I look at a Bass boat kind of like a truck in its use. Filling up my trucks takes minutes. I than can roll 500+ miles on a tank. Electric power will never give me that kind of efficiency and freedom from worry. Hybrid? Possibly.
    As I mentioned above, the cost for bow thrusters designed into the hull would be costly. Yachts cost in the millions for a reason. Also, one way or another you will probably use your foot for control, being my hands are holding the pole.
    Having the Charger located on the trailer increases the chance of theft and water intrusion while towing in a down pour.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

With all due respect to Bass Cat and the rest of the bassboat industry, the practice of trying to be like Steve Jobs and tease about afuture product releases only to then deny information until some B.S. date inthe future is getting really old. I betthat whatever is going to be announced is not so “earth-shattering” that if thecompetition finds out about it, they will somehow take away from the newproduct. Let me guess…..it’s going to bea new bass boat with a little different dimensions, better ride, better layoutthan anything else in it’s class.

Either you have a product design that is mature enough torelease pictures and specs on, or you don’t.
    After reading your post no wonder most of the builders, with Bass Cat being one of the very few exceptions, don't take their time to talk to people on here. The fact that they do go out of their way to be helpful and have a great reputation is one of the reasons I'd consider getting one built at some point. Depending on what the new Jag is like that may very well be the boat I get in a couple years. However, I think it's ludicrous taking shots at someones marketing strategy, and how they decide to run THEIR company in the meantime.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I think he’s an Aggie, which explains his post, so cut him some slack.

17. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar

Either you have a product design that is mature enough torelease pictures and specs on, or you don’t. I am not asking for you companies product road-map, just some details onwhat you have indicated will be a real product.
    I don’t mean to just pick on Bass Cat. Vexus (VX-20 and 21), Lowrance (new TM),Garmin (new TM, MotorGuide (new TM), etc. are all guilty of this. Slow rolling the release of new productinformation just does not make any sense to me.
    I really don't see the problem with what BassCat is doing concerning the release of the newer designed Jag or any other model they may come up with. I'd say their ongoing success in the industry would speak for itself. BassCat knows what they are doing, they always have. They don't release a new design, no matter how big a change or how small a change it is, until they are totally satisfied that it will serve a purpose. BassCat has produced so many new ideas to the bass boat industry its would be difficult to list them. Many of their innovative ideas aren't even visible to most people. Everything in their construction has a purpose. If a person doesn't like something they design, then they should move on to another brand.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by white gambler View Post
    After reading your post no wonder most of the builders, with Bass Cat being one of the very few exceptions, don't take their time to talk to people on here. The fact that they do go out of their way to be helpful and have a great reputation is one of the reasons I'd consider getting one built at some point. Depending on what the new Jag is like that may very well be the boat I get in a couple years. However, I think it's ludicrous taking shots at someones marketing strategy, and how they decide to run THEIR company in the meantime.
    Agreed, it is interesting and provides Companies insight to whom and or what they are dealing with. Everyone's customer base is different and has specific desires. No matter how crazy they may be.

You sound like you have the patience of a saint.....NOT! My guess Christmas is your worst holiday??
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    You sound like you have the patience of a saint.....NOT! My guess Christmas is your worst holiday??
    You are correct. I have little patience. Learned in my first year of running a business that patience is for people who work for the government. BTW - I have owned 2 Bass Cats and think they are the best bass boats avaliable. I just get tired of this overly risk adversed industry that is afraid to introduce new technologies. Consumers are hungry for new technologies. That's why the used bass boat market is flooded with late model boats with 2-stroke Mercs. Consumers want new and better 4-cycle outboards. My neighborhood is covered up with Tesla model 3's. Not because they are sexy or handle great, it's because they have an autopilot that will drive the car to you in a large parking lot.

Bass Cat and Vexus are the two companies that are positioned to leave their competitors in the dust. It will be interesting to see if either do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast