Banned

Coldwater, reading area

Up here bass fishing for a week staying on long lake , hemlock .. any of these lakes better than the others

2. Banned
    Anyone ever fish Coldwater lake .. long and hemlock seem to have bass but really lack the size

3. Member
    Coldwater has never produced big fish for me or any tourney's I've fished out there. Best lake in that area that I've been on would be Diane down by the boarder. Biggest bag from our club out there was just over 18lbs, with a 6.5lb kicker

4. Banned
    So I’ve fished a handful of lakes in the area .. best fish of the week probably 2.5 pounds, pretty weak , I’ve caught them from 22feet to 1 foot hasn’t really changed size .. I caught a lot of fish just the average size would be pretty small .. Best lakes I fished were Coldwater and then Lavine . Where we stayed long lake near reading, so hemlock ,Carpenter and long lake they really lack size It seemed like to me no problem catching just small .. kinda seems like there is a lack of bait fish in some of these natural lakes so I guess that with over population could contribute to the small fish . Definitely different fishing natural lakes compared to our lakes back in Ohio.

Fish a lot in that area. I hit Lavine early in the year and stuck some good ones. Coldwater and be dangerous. You can go from 50 feet to a couple feet real quick. Marble at the far end is known to have bigger fish, but like mentioned above. It can be tough lakes to fish and find the big ones. Most tournaments are won around the 12 lb. mark. Randall Chain has some big ones in it, but has suffered from weed treatments the last few years. Silver lakes has some good ones. Just be careful going between the front half and back half. Some real shallow water between them. George has walleye, pike, largemouth, and some occasional smallmouth. Diane does have big ones, but don't expect to catch much there. There are just a handful of good spots on that lake and numbers are always low. However, if you hook into something it is most likely to be a good one. Long Lake that straddles the Michigan Indiana line has some decent ones in it. Hope this helps. Good luck