Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They needed to do it. Ranger has been steadily adding weight with every version and this model has been getting slower each time. This latest version gained a couple inches but also a few more pounds. I spoke with a dealer a few years back asking why they wouldn't bump the rating to 175, which is commensurate with their older 18' boats and he said, "it would kill the Comanche sales". I am inclined to believe him considering the Z519C's are just not that numerous.

I am am glad I got my 2019 with max out at 150 , did not want a 200 and would not purchase a boat without max hp hanging off the back

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    And they could have bought a 518L. That’s the beauty of Ranger: they offer options. And they do keep making changes from year to year, or every few years. That’s marketing. Half full or half empty? Depends on our outlook.

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

3. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianFLA View Post
    I am am glad I got my 2019 with max out at 150 , did not want a 200 and would not purchase a boat without max hp hanging off the back
    I couldn't agree more. That boat is a 60 mph boat all day, which is perfect for an 18' boat. Slow her down to 45 and that Merc will literally sip gas. Perfect setup for the weekend/derby angler...and the best 18' boat around when you drop the trolling motor. Now you can't buy one unless it's "under powered".
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12