Wiring LED Lights: I have a few questions

Everything is placed I' just need to wire it up (I can add a switch if as needed). All help or advice is appreciated.

1) So on my deck lights (oznium bolts 1W) I was thinking about separating the front deck from the rear deck. I will be using a dimmer so is separating front and back decks just a waste a time?

2) Going to a single switch will avoid this, however, if I do separate the front and rear circuits and I place the dimmer before the 2 switches, from what I understand there will be a continuous draw by the dimmer of 3mA. Is this enough draw to kill my battery in a relatively short period of time? I ask because I will plug my charger in once every 7 days. I tried to do some quick math (1000mA = 1A = a very long time on a 110 AH battery).

3) I was thinking of using an inline 3amp fuse. Is this too large? 1 dimmer, 1 switch with light ring when on, 12 - 1w bolt lights.

How are most of you guys wiring your lights?

2. Member
    I just found a post where Drewtick recommended "either way, tap your courtesy lights or use the accessories switch". So I believe this would eliminate the dimmer drawing current when off. GREAT IDEA!

3. Member
    That's how I wired mine. Front and rear on separate switches with a dimmer, all wired through a master switch.

4. Member
    I did my last boat myself

the two in nose of bow I put on a dedicated switch so as to not blind me night fishing

the rest on the front deck, and rear deck I put on their own dedicated switch, I put a dimmer past the switch so when off, there were no power drains

i put one under each console and on side of console at floor
    i wired these into my normal courtesy lights