Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    OK well mine ended up at $74k after all my upgrades and options.

Close friend bought a similarly equipped Phoenix for $55k.

You're correct......$19,000 difference, I stand corrected.
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

2. Member
    If you consider a 721 to be a similar make and model as the 521C, then I’ll stand corrected. But I think most of us would consider a 21PHX to be a fair comparison with the 521C. It aligns more closely in length, width (at the front deck), and trim level.
    No worries either way. It’s difficult to compare makes/models apples to apples because of all of the variables.
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

I think this is a loaded question. I recall the serious drop in quality shortly after FLW sold and it was mostly in the detail trim items not the hull itself but I am confident that Ranger has regained their footing in this regard. Fast forward to now, I am not a fan of the door panel size plastic trim but at least they've gone to full aluminum cover plates at the dash and bow.
    That being said, I purposefully bought a 2012 Z519 Comanche and was targeting a 12 or 13 model year. They only made this model for 3 years, 2 of which rated for a 225. The 11-12 seating is better, IMO, than the later 13 plus and I actually like the storage configuration better and find it much easier to sit on the cooler step and reach into all three boxes without much undo stress. I especially like the smaller more fitted foot pedal recess over the canyon sized trip hazard of the newer models and since no one flush mounts at the bow anymore, why offer such a massive hole to cover? Seriously, who likes getting down on their knees to adjust their settings?

Quality covers form and function and not all the improvements meet this criterium.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    With Vexus starting to hire fiberglass production people now, some will likely come from Ranger. The next 24 months will likely determine if Ranger's quality has a chance to slip.
    The process should be the same so losing a few people shouldn't change that.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    I know Bass Cats are well built boats, but, a lot of the design of the boats is a turn off to me. They have the most awkward looking dashes and consoles. Too much going on on the sides of the boats. Lightening bolts everywhere and the clear grab handles. I think the best looking cat I’ve seen was a Classic without all the garbage on the sides. No grab handles. It was a beautiful red and dark gray. Stunning boat. A friend of mine has a Pantera that will flat out fly, but I’ll keep my 521.
    Lol, as if a Ranger owner ever sees anything but the back end of a BassCat.

Two of the most mind boggling comments I see about Basscats are their cheap looking consoles, and no leg room. I guess 7 ft tall guys prefer plastic.

console111.jpgPuma Cosole Legroom.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by db220 View Post
    Lol, as if a Ranger owner ever sees anything but the back end of a BassCat.
    Yep, it’s all about speed. If it were, there wouldn’t be any Bass Cats either.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

8. Member
    Yep, it’s all about speed. If it were, therewouldn’t be any Bass Cats either.
    True dat

9. Member
    Yep, it’s all about speed. If it were, there wouldn’t be any Bass Cats either.
    I don't know about that. I happen to like mine and I'm not a speed demon. Since we got a local dealer I'm seeing a lot more of them where I used to see Rangers all the time.

10. Member
    look at the numbers of bass cats sold then look at rangers not even close .

I owned Basscat’s for 25 years (2 Panterra’s ) and it was a great experience. Everything worked - Everytime - All the time.
    I am not bashing Ranger, they have been good to me too, but I loved my Basscats.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234