Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    sounds like rigging quality, not build quality
    Running your hands in spots and looking under the console is build quality, and since they rig most boats at the factory they go hand in hand

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Running your hands in spots and looking under the console is build quality, and since they rig most boats at the factory they go hand in hand
    And a good way to end up with fiberglass splinters.

3. Member
    I always had ranger I don't think you can go wrong its quality built boat you will love it.

I pick my z518c up this week. Fit and finish is flawless. I looked the entire boat over and the quality shows.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

5. Member
    With Vexus starting to hire fiberglass production people now, some will likely come from Ranger. The next 24 months will likely determine if Ranger's quality has a chance to slip.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    With Vexus starting to hire fiberglass production people now, some will likely come from Ranger. The next 24 months will likely determine if Ranger's quality has a chance to slip.
    Theres enough around there looking for jobs that have plenty of experience.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    I saw where BassCat completed their plant addition as well, so a few more will be needed there I would assume.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MakingWaves View Post
    So I've owned 2 Champions, a Triton and two Rangers. My first Ranger was a 2015 521C. My latest is the 521L. The only thing I have noticed is their using a bit more plastic in the console area. The days of wrapping the fiberglass throughout the whole console area is gone. Plastic face plates seem like there here to stay with Ranger and many other mfgs. Other than that I feel Ranger still continues to be the leader with regards to quality. Quality is my number one factor when purchasing most things in life, no different with a bass boat.
    Buy a BassCat if you don't want any cheap plastic in the dash!

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    Talk about Ranger quality, I haven't owned two, three or four Rangers, just one. It's a 2000 and the quality of the boat is what has kept it going for twenty years. The boat is all original and still looks like new. No cracks, leaks or anything at all. It's fished two or three times a week and has been for it's life. Blew the motor four years ago and on it's third trolling motor. Replaced two bilge pumps. Original carpet and Sea Star. Did have to re due the seat it did selfdestruck after 15 years. So, if your looking for a quality boat can't beat Ranger. This is coming from a guy that has owned one long enough to really get the feel for it. I never felt I needed a new one because they are like the energizer bunny, just keep going.

10. Member
    I've owned a Ranger since 2008 and have climbed through them ever year since 2007 and am on my second one. Maybe there is more than meets the eye but I don't notice any difference in build quality. And from what I hear their CS is still top notch.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

11. Banned
    This is a lot of plastic:

eightmillion.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Superpro View Post
    I looked at Bass Cat before buying my Ranger. One of the compartments didnt looked finished
    You could see the unfinished fiberglass inside the hull. I asked the sale guy and he said that is how they are made. Bass Cat makes a nice boat just didnt like that about them. The trolling motor area was weird looking also.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by Superpro View Post

Are the glove box lids not plastic?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    sounds like rigging quality, not build quality

15. Member
    Thanks for all the info so far guys. Love all the feedback! I have to agree with Cgs1967! about the cat having the unfinished fiberglass inside the hull particularly up inside the front deck storage areas. There were some other issues that I noticed as well too that I had with it. Which is really a shame , because I was seriously considering them as well.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Are the glove box lids not plastic?
    Nope. Aluminum.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

17. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I've never noticed any unfinished fiberglass in any of the BassCats I have owned. If by unfinished, you mean storage boxes not carpeted, that is true, but the fiberglass is all a smooth finish, under the consoles, etc.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    I've never noticed any unfinished fiberglass in any of the BassCats I have owned. If by unfinished, you mean storage boxes not carpeted, that is true, but the fiberglass is all a smooth finish, under the consoles, etc.
    The right side storage box on the one I looked at was partially finished. You could see all the way into the hull. I really liked the boat except for that. I cant remember which model it was.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    This is a lot of plastic:

eightmillion.jpg
    Been thinking about this so last time I was at Cabelas I looked at the Nitros......hmmm. less plastic than the Rangers. It was the Hoppers that did it, not Johnny

I have ran new rangers every year from 2003-2017 and I could see the quality going down a little every year, not from component stuff, but factory installation/building, I will say I think it had more to do with trying to build more boats faster to keep up with demand and the great experienced workforce getting older and these new young gun employees not taking as much pride in their work. I personally don't think it has anything specific to do with the JM takeover.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast