Suggest a lake June 22

June 22 may be the only free weekend I have for a bit.

I was going to go to Guntersville for 3 days, but I noticed the Elite Series is there that weekend.

I am leaning towards Chick, but know it can be crowded.

Any other suggestions within 3 hours of the Nashville area? The only thing I can say is I'm not interested in places like Dale Hollow and Center Hill - deep, highland lakes. I'm actually skipping our club tournament on Center Hill that weekend.

2. Member
    Go to chick and fish at night. They are eating a big thumper blade spinner bait. Stop at Soddy custom tackle and get there night time blades
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

3. Member
    I wouldn't be concerned about the Elites at Guntersville, there is only 70 of them and it's a big lake.
    With that being said, Tims Ford used to be a good night time lake, Woods as well, and they are both closer. I wouldn't try Tims Ford in the daytime though.
    Chick is usually more crowded, but the further up lake you go, toward Dayton, the less crowded. Perhaps launch at Grasshopper and fish between the Hwy. 60 Bridge and the nuclear towers.
    Enjoy your free weekend.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    I wouldn't be concerned about the Elites at Guntersville, there is only 70 of them and it's a big lake.
    With that being said, Tims Ford used to be a good night time lake, Woods as well, and they are both closer. I wouldn't try Tims Ford in the daytime though.
    Chick is usually more crowded, but the further up lake you go, toward Dayton, the less crowded. Perhaps launch at Grasshopper and fish between the Hwy. 60 Bridge and the nuclear towers.
    Enjoy your free weekend.
    Thanks for the input. I couldn’t find a room around Guntersville where I normally stay. I called Blue Water in Dayton, and booked a room there.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Generator View Post
    Go to chick and fish at night. They are eating a big thumper blade spinner bait. Stop at Soddy custom tackle and get there night time blades
    This.... For the next several months the night bite will really really good

6. Member
    Do you typically just fish along the bank at night or fish the thumpers out on the ledges?
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

7. Member
    I fish the grass flats and humps. Go out in the day and find grass from 4-8 foot of water. That’s where you will fish that night. You can fish in the creeks and main lake grass. I have fished ledges before but the grass is better for me.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

8. Member
    I fish the grass flats and humps. Go out in the day and find grass from 4-8 foot of water. That’s where you will fish that night. You can fish in the creeks and main lake grass. I have fished ledges before but the grass is better for me.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

9. Member
    If you're going to chick definitely fish at night. The big bass splash reschedule is the 22nd & 23rd.