Pro XS motor mount replacement

Noticed a little play in motor when I was trailering last weekend and think it might be time for new mounts.
    Has anyone used the solid mounts or should I stick with the regular rubber mounts?
    Anyone have a ballpark on what shop will charge for replacing uppers and lower? Looks like it's going to take some labor and a hoist

Pro XS engines in 225 and 250 series are semi-solid, and 200 engines are softer. We would not suggest solid mounts.

3. Member
    Thanks, I'll go with the semi-solid mounts.
    Has anyone had this done that could give me an idea on cost for a shop to do it?

4. Member
    I think the lower mounts are relatively easy to do, the upper mounts have to have the power head pulled though I believe.

5. Member
    Yeah, it is a pain. Had the Mercury trailer do it in the parking lot at Okeechobee one night. Got it done, but they had to pull the entire motor.

6. Member
    Just had it done to my 250 pro xs. I didn’t even realize it broke until I put the boat on the trailer and had 3-4 inches of forward slop in it. Not covered under mercury platinum mpp and set me back $2,100. Pretty straight forward job, though involves pulling the powerhead.

7. Member
    If you can do it yourself you will save a fair amount of labor. The parts and gaskets are about $800 or so I think.

8. Member
    Thanks fellas
    Im going to do the bottom ones and let Merc dealer do the uppers

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudbone View Post
    Thanks fellas
    Im going to do the bottom ones and let Merc dealer do the uppers
    Its just a little higher to get the xs plate with solid mounts on the upper. It's much stronger.

10. Member
    I don't disagree with BCB very often. I had the xs plate put on mine when my upper mounts broke. 2 highly respected merc. mechanics recommended it so that is the advice I followed. Good luck with your repairs.

11. Member
    The ProXs upper mount design is terrible. Pulling the power head to change engine mounts is just ridiculous.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs