Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If I remember correctly, the Tax Office went by the Gross Weight listed on the Title of the Trailer.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra Hengst View Post
    Steve, you don't have to get it weighed. Go to the Nacogdoches tax office location they will take care of you. And yes if you live in Bexar County it will have to be registered here no matter where the location of the boat is. Also, does your insurance know the garaging location of the boat? That's the insurance agent in me coming out

Debra

What happens if you have 2 houses in 2 different countries, do you use the location of your drivers license or residence where the boat stays and is insured? (That’s in regards to the registration.)

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Mine is registered in Taylor Co, but is stored in Callahan.

Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    It is a state registration so county or location should be irrelevant. I have bought a handful from out of state and my DMV has told me that every time, but I have always figured out a way around it - not without multiple trips though and not without causing a scene. Twice I have called trailer mfg and had them send me a letter stating weight of trailer and that was accepted. Once I weighted the whole rig and convinced teller that if whole rig was under weight, then trailer must be too. This last time after 2 unsuccessful attempts, I got a guy who just had some common sense. I showed him a photo of tag with gross weight capacity and he did it.
    That's basically what I did. I got an e-mail from EZ-Loader, with the weight of the trailer (empty). The tax office finally accepted that. I guess they got tired of me harassing them.

Yes, Debra. My insurance co. knows that it has been stored in Victoria since August. They remind me with a huge bill every 6 months. I NEED to move it here ASAP. Insurance is expensive on the coast.

My new house is still under construction. Well, the house is done. I'm just waiting for SAWS and CPS to get out there and hook up my utilities. Then, my contractor will build the car and boat port.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post

Uti, is that the Ranger you had before you left?

Attachment 366334
    No. I got a new ZX225 a few years ago. The Ranger was almost too big for up there. The ZX225 was perfect. Now that I'm back, I'm thinking that I might need a bigger boat.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Mine is registered in Taylor Co, but is stored in Callahan.

Taylor is the county you reside in?

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Taylor is the county you reside in?
    Yep ...

Quote Originally Posted by utinator View Post
    Yes, Debra. My insurance co. knows that it has been stored in Victoria since August. They remind me with a huge bill every 6 months. I NEED to move it here ASAP. Insurance is expensive on the coast.
    Steve, good deal and yes I hear you on the cost along the coastline, my insured's remind me of that when we discuss their boat renewals

Debra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12