Navionics Vs LakeMaster for Potomac

I’ll be at the Potomac for the first time for a week mid August.

None of my chips seem to work on the Potomac.

i have both Lowrance and Humminbird but prefer to use my G3N bird for mapping.

What is the best chip to get for the Potomac? Will also be on Champlain and St.Lowrance but my old Navionics chips have OK detail on those lakes.

Thanks

2. Member
    Navionics Plus works for me
    YJHAMMER 11
    Hollywood MD
    2019 Skeeter FX21LE

i'm not sure lakemaster will give tide info. I believe the navionics is the better choice here
    Chris Hawkins

Ranger 520VX / Mercury Optimax 225

4. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by Yjhammer11 View Post
    Navionics Plus works for me

Allot of the map cards don't have detailed information for coastal waters but the Nav+ does.
    Tip: When you select and download the Potomac purge the factory installed maps on the card 1st and the select the river in sections from DC to the 301 bridge. The MFD will react faster with only minimal data loaded. Bear in mind we have multiple burned to the water line ship wreck areas that do not have physical markers on them.

DO NOT download community edits!! Just sonar and map. The community edits are crap that Biff & Buffy could have uploaded from a day out on there 32' Carver while pounding Red Bull's. or anyone else with junk ducers and or bogus land based info.

5. Member
    Great info. Thank you.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post

Allot of the map cards don't have detailed information for coastal waters but the Nav+ does.
    Tip: When you select and download the Potomac purge the factory installed maps on the card 1st and the select the river in sections from DC to the 301 bridge. The MFD will react faster with only minimal data loaded. Bear in mind we have multiple burned to the water line ship wreck areas that do not have physical markers on them.

DO NOT download community edits!! Just sonar and map. The community edits are crap that Biff & Buffy could have uploaded from a day out on there 32' Carver while pounding Red Bull's. or anyone else with junk ducers and or bogus land based info.
    Good point on community edits. Also worth noting for any Lowrance users that come back to read this someday.... there was a glitch in the lowrance units a few years back where you couldn't download the tide information if you had the community edits downloaded on your card. It was super annoying and you had to go into the card on your computer to manually delete all the community edit files. I think Mike actually did a writeup on this.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

7. mikesxpress
    That did happen a few years back and we did have to band-aide the card files. It's been corrected.

8. Member
    Would anyone be able to take a photo or screenshot their Lakemaster chip showing the detail on the Potomac so that I can compare to Navionics before I decide if it’s worth the purchase. I could not believe how good Lakemaster was on Lake Champlain.
    much appreciated

9. Member
    Lakemaster for lakes.... Navionics for tidal. If reversed you'll be shocked by how poor the mapping is.