Best Map Card for NC?

Running carbons, what is everyone running for their maps? Hot maps? Plus? Something better?

Thanks!

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Navionics Platinum has been the best for me for years but sense MLF was here the new CMAP is supposed to have at least 6 of our lakes updated just been waiting for it to be available.
    I run Cmap. insight genius and Navionics
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Navionics is certainly a good choice. Either look at the Navionics+ Regions card or the Platinum card. Both of them offer the same mapping, but the Platinum card also includes satellite, 3D, and the new SonarChart Shading.

4. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    NC C-MAP card should be available within next 30 - 60 days. Will not have all the NC lakes on it but the ones that are on it are spot on....better than LakeMaster!

You will still need the Navionics for those lakes that are not on it.... for now.

5. Member
    I've seen some of the NC CMAP stuff, and as a long time bird man I'll be looking to install a Lowrance unit when they come out.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

6. Member
    Do we have any idea on the lakes being on the initial CMAP launch for NC?

I went aheads and purchased a Hotmaps Plat for East on amazon for $120...so having that with CMAp sounds wonderful.

7. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Check the LakeMaster list of NC lakes

The initial C-Map for NC will be close to the list of High Definition lakes shown there. Yes...you will likely still need a Navionics (or C-Map Genesis) for lakes not in HD.

8. Member
    Tuckertown and Badin (though I hear it may be suspect ) will be on it, and not on that list.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarrow View Post
    NC C-MAP card should be available within next 30 - 60 days. Will not have all the NC lakes on it but the ones that are on it are spot on....better than LakeMaster!

You will still need the Navionics for those lakes that are not on it.... for now.
    Any word on the release?

I know where you can get a free Navionics chip... just gotta go about 75ft north of the 85 bridge at Falls and find it.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    I know where you can get a free Navionics chip... just gotta go about 75ft north of the 85 bridge at Falls and find it.
    If it wasn’t so deep up there you could’ve jumped in and got it.

12. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    The C-Map cards were supposed to be open for orders on the 12th but they have not shown up yet in the order system for Lowrance. We will have about 20 of them hit the door as soon as they are released to ship. I have exchanged emails several times with the channel and they are not sure why they haven't hit the system yet. We are checking 2 - 3 times a day and will have them ASAP.

I do have our training center copy of the card and it is pretty damn good!!!!!! The only mistake I have found on it so far is one little cove on Badin that I messed up when scanning it last year. It will be fixed on the update <LOL>!!

We were on Norman with it yesterday...and comparing it to Navionics....all I can say is the difference is unbelievable. The Lowrance scan team did an outstanding job!!!

Roy
    Wacky Riggers