Solix feature request / wish list

Does anyone know if HB has a forum for getting customer input in features? I’d really like to see a search and sort capability in waypoints. I name my points by date. I name structure. I have over a thousand points on one lake It would be nice to be able to search for a specific point I am trying to find. Would also be nice to click on a point in the Nav menu and have an option to see that point on the map without have to go through a bunch of additional steps. A better editor would also be nice - either make HPC work seamlessly with Solix or give solix a better editor with cut and paste, search, etc capability
    Last edited by Hollada; 06-07-2019 at 06:28 AM.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

2. Member
    I don't know about input for features but I certainly agree about software to manage waypoints! If they would find a piece of software compatible to Solix I would gladly pay for it. I personally don't want an on the water planning or editing program but a few features as you suggest would be a needed addition. I had hoped with the acquisition of Fugawi, we would have something by now. If you want to start a petition or something I am in! Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Does anyone know if HB has a forum for getting customer input in features? I’d really like to see a search and sort capability in waypoints. I name my points by date. I name structure. I have over a thousand points on one lake It would be nice to be able to search for a specific point I am trying to find. Would also be nice to click on a point in the Nav menu and have an option to see that point on the map without have to go through a bunch of additional steps. A better editor would also be nice - either make HPC work seamlessly with Solix or give solix a better editor with cut and paste, search, etc capability
    You just did an input to Humminbird for suggested features. Some of the employees read this site.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    I 2nd this as loudly as I possibly can!

I asked for all of these two years ago so they aren’t listening that closely

Other brands have a search in the goto waypoint selection that as you type it narrows the selection down until you type enough letters there is only one waypoint left (autofill)

Along with:
    Use the industry standard waypoint icons
    Allow the waypoint text size to be changed
    allow window resizing on the solix
    A Master Global on/off setting
    Give the user more control over depth/contour colors

PLUS:
    Get rid of or at least the ability to turn off the waypoint cluster crap
    Ability to zoom into a 10 foot scale
    Last edited by MichAngler; 06-07-2019 at 10:11 PM.
    "The handicapped angler"

5. Banned
    I want to delete a set of waypoints by symbol. The way I fish there are many days I end up with many waypoints marking fish schools. At the end of the day I want to delete them all and leave what I want.

Solix waypoints are GPX and there are several programs out there that work with them.

Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    Solix waypoints are GPX and there are several programs out there that work with them.
    I use an older program from Garmin called MapSource (a program that's been around for close to 20 years) and it allows me to manage the waypoints faster than any other program out there

It also allows me to see my waypoints on the BlueChart maps that I have purchased

But when it saves the GPX file it has data that the HB system doesn’t handle or recognize and I’m worried it may cause issues because we all know how touching the Solix system is and any little thing might cause a crash

So I use it only for my PC I have to write down what waypoints I want to delete or rename and then manually do the work while in the boat

HB has never done anything like mapsource all they have ever offered is humminbirdPC and let’s be honest this looks like a DOS program designed in the 80’s

Would be nice to be able to see the maps we have paid for on a PC with our waypoints

I use mapsource the night before to plan out my trip the next day it’s so nice to look at a contour map with my waypoints and find new spot to look at that are close to where I’m going

Not to mention how quickly you can delete, rename, save and group waypoints, tracks and routes

HB has been and always will be a Sonar company that offers gps/navigation as a after thought
    Last edited by MichAngler; 06-08-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    "The handicapped angler"

another level or two of dimness especially on the solix 15 to keep from being blinded trying to drive the boat at night.

Something I just thought of is a heat sink that can be bolted to the back of the unit to dissipate some of the heat this monster puts out

Another thing that has been requested since the solix came out is a power cord with a larger gauge wire
    "The handicapped angler"

Make some white ones .... black is just one big solar collector.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

How about stronger plug cap retainers

you know the little rubber straps that are attached to the caps covering each outlet

I keep breaking the damn things
    "The handicapped angler"

11. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    How about stronger plug cap retainers

you know the little rubber straps that are attached to the caps covering each outlet

I keep breaking the damn things
    I've also broken one of mine as well. Is there a way to get a replacement strap? I haven't even looked at it closely to see how they attach.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I've also broken one of mine as well. Is there a way to get a replacement strap? I haven't even looked at it closely to see how they attach.
    If your unit is still under warranty just give them a call and they will send a replacement

Not sure how they are going to handle out of warranty units

NOTE: One of the times I called the woman on the phone from CS told me I needed to send the unit in to have it replaced LOL yea right! I told her I had replaced one already myself so she put me on hold and I guess talked to her supervisor and when she came back she said she was sending me a replacement
    "The handicapped angler"

13. Member
    Do your straps break or does the cap just pull off? Either way I waited months to get one and until I sent my Onix in for a repair I never got it. I keep my units in a case when off the boat now and have not lost another. Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Do your straps break or does the cap just pull off? Either way I waited months to get one and until I sent my Onix in for a repair I never got it. I keep my units in a case when off the boat now and have not lost another. Bob
    Mine broke

I remove my units after every trip and just the process of hooking them up and removing them I snag a cap and the strap breaks

I broke 2 under warranty and now have a third that I need to call them about

I would guess they are replacing a lot of these and that’s why it took you so long to get one

They are glued to the rings and its not a durable design

I was thinking I might try using some braid line to replace them but I’ll call HB before I do that
    "The handicapped angler"