Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Randy - running a Mercury Max 5 29 pitch right now...got a Hill 30 clever on its way..
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

2. Member
    That thing looks wild!! Bet you'll get asked how fast will it run?? More than a few times!! Be safe and have fun running it!!

Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    Randy - running a Mercury Max 5 29 pitch right now...got a Hill 30 clever on its way..
    Those two props should give you some good numbers!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

4. Member
    Jim, would that be a Ron Hill clever?, good people

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Hey Adam, is that why Randy Oldfield has only one worm rod on the deck ? I asked him if he had a spinner bait or crankbait rod, he said there is no room for them in my boat, LOL.
    Back when I first met him in the early 2000s when Fork was really hopping it was always 1 loomis GLX with a 1/2oz Oldhams jig. The only moving bait I've seen him throw is a big swimbait.

6. Member
    I'd like to have that motor on the back of my SST.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

7. Member
    If you like a Phoenix good if you like Bullet good. I don’t think it’s good to go on another boat thread and start comparing or running down each boat. What you thinks gonna happen people here are gonna tell you that Bullets are inferior to other boats. They are not, get over it. Each boat has its special niche to their owners. I’ve had several of performance based boats and I can tell you they all have something but I in my opinion I believe Bullet has a better overall platform. If find while some boats have this or that, Bullet has this plus that. Performance is they’re claim but they fish great have amenities you can customized and unlimited colors I don’t think other performance boats can compare with the options. There’s no need to come on here and try to get people riled up.

8. Member
    JR

I never once said Bullet is inferior..not once..Best I can tell, I've "been over it" since I got rid of it! The OP asked for someone who had owned both to compare them. I did.

Have you owned a Phoenix and then bought a Bullet SST? I'm pretty sure that you haven't which makes you the troll here and adding nothing of value expect continuing beating a dead horse. Get over it that someone might dare not like or have a bad experience with Bullet Boats.

You like them, happy for you. Just cause someone else doesn't like them doesn't mean they can't have a opinion. Op asked for someone that has done what he is thinking about doing. I think my experience qualifies me to have that opinion, which is more than you can say.
    Last edited by falconpilot; 06-18-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

9. Member
    I fished in my XRS right next to a Phoenix 721 in a 35 mph wind Saturday. Waves were crashing over my bow and not his. My bilge was on nearly constantly, his wasn't.

I'm not saying the Phoenix is better, just an observation I made. I'm still not planning to change boats any time soon. I'm so rarely fishing in those conditions it doesn't really matter to me.
    Last edited by adam_p; 06-18-2019 at 02:04 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
    I fished in my XRS right next to a Phoenix 721 in a 35 mph wind Saturday. Waves were crashing over my bow and not his. My bilge was on nearly constantly, his wasn't.

I'm not saying the Phoenix is better, just an observation I made. I'm still not planning to change boats any time soon. I'm so rarely fishing in those conditions it doesn't really matter to me.
    So now you tell me that a Bullet cannot handle fishing main lake in 35 mph winds, thanks a lot.

11. Member
    I'll tell you I fished main lake at Toledo bend this past weekend and waves were big (big enough my 52" was pegged and still came out a few times). Locked my ultrex and fished a couple of brush piles. In all - probably about 6 hours over 2 days and not a single splash over the bow. Last 3 years I fished that same spot with a Puma and Charger 496. Both are great boats, but both had waves splash over the bow. The Puma was regular enough front deck carpet would get wet
    . Not a big deal, but just saying my 21XDC had zero.

My 21xd keeps the water out. It has to be one heck of a bad day to get me or the carpet wet.
    Last edited by WVBullet; 06-18-2019 at 09:39 PM.

13. Member
    I fished St.Clair last September, it was rough every day, never took any water over any side of my 21 RDC

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    So now you tell me that a Bullet cannot handle fishing main lake in 35 mph winds, thanks a lot.
    It handled it fine, my feet just got wet. Nobody else was brave enough to fish out there on the main lake with me, or dumb enough I guess. 0 issues running the lake in that wind.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DLAB View Post
    I have 2010 RDC that doesn’t have a stress crack anywhere..... and if the the deck is too small.....well your crazy OP.. it’s a freaking landing strip up there. With that said, I had a 2000 model 20xd that had minor stress cracks by the motor in 2011 when I bought it......nothing ever changed. It never got worse, and a was a 90mph boat all day fishing with a Hammer.

I’ve beat the ever living hell out of my 2000 20xdc, I know I’ve put it through more hell than most would ever dream too, and the minor gel stresses by the motor? They’ve never grown a bit or been any problem.

Its just as solid as the day it was born 19 friggin’ years ago.

Some people just want to bitch, with no real grounds too.

Is what it is.

I ran my 22SF up the Mississippi river from the gulf to Venice marina last year. HUGE barges , high winds and NASTY wakes! Speared 5-6 waves over the bow. Had full floor of water 3 different times, had to stop twice because TM deployed even tho it was strapped down and the lock was slid all the way up. Roughest water i have ever been in. Both bilges ran constantly. My SF keeps water out pretty well, but i cant wait for the day i read about somebody doing 70+ in a Bullet in those conditions and stayed dry!! LOL
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    but i cant wait for the day i read about somebody doing 70+ in a Bullet in those conditions and stayed dry!! LOL
    Don’t hold your breath. In those conditions, that probably won’t happen in any boat

18. Member
    I've run 80 in 3ft chop!! HA HA!!!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    I've run 80 in 3ft chop!! HA HA!!!
    You should have trimmed it on up!

20. Member
    Then I'd run 90!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast