Wisconsin fishing help!

Hey guys i am taking a trip up to Rice lake Wi, and Chippewa Falls Wi for work. I do HVAC and my company has the maintenance contracts with Farm and Fleet. I will be bringing my boat and will be up that way for a week and was hoping you all could point me in the right direction of some lakes or rivers to fish around this area. preferably a body of water thats on the Lake Master Wi lake map chip so im not shooting in the dark. any feed back in greatly appreciated!

2. Banned
    Lake Wissota is right there. Nice lake. You can find green and brown bass. I have only fished once, but you should be able to find a bunch of info on it online.

3. Member
    The Chetek chain has a lot of bass in it. Never saw a ton of size, but I haven't fished it for a quite a few years. Rice Lake is a nice lake as well.

4. Member
    hell ya im headed up this week so i guess ill just take a swing through it all. thanks guys

5. Member
    Rice Lake hit any wood you find with jigs. Havent found any other pattern other than tha but havent tried much. Chetek will be a challenge unless you can find and holes out of the main lake. Black and blue it the only color I use with consistency on that lake. Bear lake in Haugen is a cleaner, deeper lake but havent been on that yet this year. Usually its deeper weed edges with jigs or some of the massive Reed beds facing the main lake.

6. Member
    The island lake chain (island, mccann, chain and clear lakes). Were good fisheries as well. Fished them for muskie a fair amount when I lived up there.

7. Member
    I've never fished that area, but just looking at google maps, there's some good looking lakes north of Rice Lake. WI has some great, small lakes that are often overlooked, with less fishing pressure and less boat traffic.

If you haven't already seen this...
    https://dnr.wi.gov/lakes/findalake/

Personally, i'd go somewhere other than the bigger "chains"...but that's just me.